What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

SQF Code Edition 9 Released Today

Started by , Oct 23 2020 04:01 AM
17 Replies

SQF Code Edition 9 Released Today

The Safe Quality Food Institute (SQFI), a division of FMI, The Food Industry Association, announces the release of SQF Code Edition 9 for audits beginning on May 23, 2021.

SQF certification showcases certified sites’ commitment to a culture of food safety and operational excellence in food safety management.

Edition 9 is designed to help certified sites’ practitioners meet and exceed all industry, customer, and regulatory requirements so they can remain competitive across sectors.

Source: https://www.sqfi.com

Download the Codes here*:

https://www.sqfi.com...code-downloads/

* Edition 8.1 is currently on the download pages, Edition 9 is expected to be available to download later today.

Edition 9 brings the SQF Code in alignment with GFSI Benchmarking Requirements 2020 which include the need for certified organizations to develop a food safety culture.

Download GFSI Benchmarking Requirements 2020 here.

1 Thank
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
SQF Edition 9 vs Costco SQF Code 10.4.4.2 - Visitor Health Is there any SQF code that needs to be followed to package a steamed dumpling? SQF Code Sector Question SQF Edition 9 - Internal Audit
[Ad]
Lovely!

Working on a 9.0 this week.
Thanks for the update Tony.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

lol. We just finished our recertification audit for edition 8.1. Good times!

Has anyone been able to download yet? 

No can't download as yet...

:(  :whistle:

SQF also created a mini-webinar series for Edition 9.

https://www.sqfi.com...webinar-series/

1 Like

This also came out today: Voluntary Pilot Program to Evaluate Alignment of Third-Party Food Safety Standards with FSMA Rules.

https://www.fda.gov/...rce=govdelivery

SQF Edition 9 is downloadable now...

Does anyone know when the 9.0 for Manufacture of Food Packaging will be available?

Does anyone know when the 9.0 for Manufacture of Food Packaging will be available?

I just checked.  Even though it still says "Coming Soon", the code is available for download. 

Does anyone know if a change log will be issued like has been done in the past?

Edition 9 Change Summary.xlsx   102.93KB   102 downloadsEdition 9 Changes.pdf   267.16KB   108 downloads

Does anyone know if a change log will be issued like has been done in the past?

They did publish a change log.  I don't remember where I came across it, but I downloaded it.  I've attached it for you.

1 Like4 Thanks

Update, HACCP-based Food Safety Codes now available for download:

https://www.sqfi.com...on-9-downloads/

Primary Production

The SQF Food Safety Code: Primary Animal Production

The SQF Food Safety Code: Primary Plant Production

The SQF Food Safety Code: Aquaculture

Manufacturing

The SQF Food Safety Code: Food Manufacturing

The SQF Food Safety Code: Animal Product Manufacturing

The SQF Food Safety Code: Dietary Supplements Manufacturing

The SQF Food Safety Code: Pet Food Manufacturing

The SQF Food Safety Code: Animal Feed Manufacturing

Food Packaging

The SQF Food Safety Code: Manufacture of Food Packaging

Storage and Distribution

The SQF Food Safety Code: Storage and Distribution

The SQF Quality Code Edition 9 is also available for download.

HACCP-based Food Safety Codes outstanding:

Retail

The SQF Food Safety Code: Food Retail

Foodservice

The SQF Food Safety Code: Foodservice

Kind regards,

Tony

Biggest "change" I see just in a cursory glance is they moved a few sections around and changed the numbers. (grr, because that means I have to rename all my polices). 

2 Likes

Hi Folks,

Edition 9 Summary of Changes Update

The following are now available:

Code Change Summary: Food Manufacturing

Code Change Summary: Primary Plant Production FSC 2 – Indoor Growing and Harvesting of Fresh Produce and Sprouted Seed Crops

Code Change Summary: Primary Plant Production FSC 3 – Growing and Production of Fresh Produce and Nuts

Code Change Summary: Primary Plant Production FSC 4 – Fresh Produce, Grain, and Nut Packhouse Operations

Code Change Summary: Primary Plant Production FSC 5 – Extensive Broad Acre Agricultural Operations

Code Change Summary: Manufacture of Food Packaging

Code Change Summary: Storage and Distribution

Coming soon:

Code Change Summary: Dietary Supplement Manufacturing

Code Change Summary: Pet Food Manufacturing

Code Change Summary: Animal Product Manufacturing

Code Change Summary: Animal Feed Manufacturing

Code Change Summary: Quality

Kind regards,

Tony

Hmmm....so lots of changes have occurred at our company.  Long story short I'm now responsible for SQF for both of our sites.

We have an unannounced SQF audit for one of our sites that is between April and June so right in the middle of this new version 9 change.  I'm not 100% sure if we need to be ready for SQF version 9, or will be audited against version 8.  The audit date on our certification is mid-May, before the 5/23 date for Version 9.

The SQF verification form sent by our cert body states version 8.  That's been signed and sent back.  Our certification body told me it could be version 8 or 9, but that doesn't make sense if the verification form only had version 8.

I really hope we can stick with version 8 because my predecessor had very bad organizational skills and going through all of his files has been an absolute mess.

I'm going to an SQFi webinar today so hopefully I can get clarification on this.

If anyone may know please let me know.  Thanks!

Similar Discussion Topics
SQF Edition 9 vs Costco SQF Code 10.4.4.2 - Visitor Health Is there any SQF code that needs to be followed to package a steamed dumpling? SQF Code Sector Question SQF Edition 9 - Internal Audit Label Reconciliation problem SQF edition 9 SQF Code Edition 10 Proposed Timeline SQF Quality Code 2.8.1.2 When do you think S&D V5 will be released? Sainsbury's Code of Practice for the Control of Allergen Cross Contamination