What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Anyone using Drysan Oxy for cleaning and disinfectant?

Started by , Oct 28 2020 03:03 PM
4 Replies

Hii all,

We are looking into adding an extra cleaning step in between product batches. We were recommended drysan oxy which is a cleaning and desinfectant based on H202. It is sprayed on, left for 5 minutes and than wiped down.

I started doing some tests. It seems to work great to reduce microbial count of surfaces. Even a half-assed cleaning reduced it quite a bit (which is nice, because we all know that it's hard for production personall to take the full 5 minutes exposure time).

However I still seem to find a lot of peroxide residue (>25mg/kg). Should I be worried about it affecting our products (deli meat) or is this no big deal? Our supplier states that it should be fine, but I rather not take his word for it.

Thanks for your advice!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Anyone have a template for the V6 Risk Based Plan for Tanker Cleaning risk assessment? Cleaning chemical discrepancies and chemical logs Cleaning of Hoses Food Manufacturing Cleaning Chemicals Foaming machines in a cleaning management system
[Ad]

Good question.  It is an oxidizer so it may affect the deli meat over time.  Do you have the means to conduct shelf-life testing to see the effects over the shelf-life of the deli meat?

I did a small test with our product in which I directly sprayed the cleaning agent on. Two of our product had some discolouration on the sprayed area and one of those also had some sensory changes (oxidised fat smell/taste). We will conduct some more tests with normal residu levels.

Hi Marloes, 

I do have some experience with Drysan Oxy but we are also in the testing phase. 

Do you use testing strips for residual testing?

Regards,

Hi M.C.

Yes I used Quantrofix peroxyde 25 for residu testing. 

I have still found residu >25mg/L from normal use (spraying and wiping down).
Our supplier states that this is to be expected and normal. But I am not sure as for the effect it will have on our products.

Have you found similar results?

Similar Discussion Topics
Anyone have a template for the V6 Risk Based Plan for Tanker Cleaning risk assessment? Cleaning chemical discrepancies and chemical logs Cleaning of Hoses Food Manufacturing Cleaning Chemicals Foaming machines in a cleaning management system EU and USFDA standards for residual disinfectant levels HQF Certification for Cleaning Stations: Elevating Hygiene and Quality Standards HQF Certification for Cleaning Stations: Elevating Hygiene and Quality Standards HQF Certification for Cleaning Stations: Elevating Hygiene and Quality Standards Water hoses and nozzles - maintenance and cleaning schedule