What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

If we transport raw materials from supplier to ourselves where is the receiving point?

Started by , Nov 11 2020 02:02 AM
2 Replies

Hi all, we got a hiccup. We buy our raw materials such as fish at the supplier. And we transport the raw materials ourselves to our warehouse. I'm confused, is the receiving point at the supplier site. or at our warehouse. If yes what form should we use is it the receiving form. Sorry just need to ask you guys as Im kinda newbie in seafood.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Documentation needed to approve Green (unroasted) Coffee supplier Bulk raw material receiving and traceability Allergen checklist to supplier Skip Lot Program For Raw Materials How to build a raw materials sampling plan?
[Ad]

We have 2 locations: Warehouse and Plant (having its own small warehouse). If the goods are received at the Warehouse, and then transferred to the Plant by our own trucks, the receiving point is Warehouse. If the staff received directly at the Plant, the receiving point is Plant.

Dear awana12,

it depends on the FBOs involved and what kinds of delivery notes/incoterms are contracted.
e.g. own trucks or trucks from an contracted transporter? Then it depends who is the contractor.

As I understood your company is transporting - so I guess the point of risk transfer is where you receive the raw material. During transportation something can happen, from not properly cleaned trucks to wrong temperature...but not all parameters of the specs are "at risk".

Rgds

moskito

Similar Discussion Topics
Documentation needed to approve Green (unroasted) Coffee supplier Bulk raw material receiving and traceability Allergen checklist to supplier Skip Lot Program For Raw Materials How to build a raw materials sampling plan? BRCGS Haulier Transport Questionnaire Questions used to determine the critical control point BRCGS 3.7.2 - Does a supplier have to have a HARA/HACCP to be an approved supplier through a questionnaire? Passing through Food Safety Documents from our supplier to our customer ISO 8573-1 Compliance-Point of Use