What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Is it necessary to paint the interior perimeter of the warehouse white to 18 inches?

Started by , Nov 11 2020 08:47 PM
3 Replies

Hello all, company building new warehouse where packaging material, no exposed product will be stored which will be  SQF certified. Is it necessary to paint the interior 18" white perimeter? Current warehouse is not painted but 18" perimeter is practiced and nothing along the walls. Recorded on our GMP monthly audits. 

Thank you all. 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Warehouse storage practice for Non-GMO Project What would be the best temperature and relative humidity for our rice mill warehouse storage facility? Warehouse Storage Practices External warehouse - questions and concerns Offsite Warehouse - SQF scope
[Ad]

The whole point of a white line is to make observation of pest activity easier.

That being said, I don't know of any "requirement" to have them.

We have some perimeters that are painted and some that are not and it's never been an issue during BRC audits.

Marshall

1 Thank
There is no specific white line requirement under SQF.
1 Thank

No requirement to my knowledge especially for interior walls (only walls with the outside on the other side of them) and they just demonstrate a method for easy detection of pest activity. It's just generally accepted as a requirement. Early on an auditor noticed a section of exterior wall without a "rat line" and tried to deduct a point. I asked him to show me the requirement which of course he couldn't so we didn't lose the point. Fortunately they are not mentioned in our pest control program so we were not violating our own policy.

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Warehouse storage practice for Non-GMO Project What would be the best temperature and relative humidity for our rice mill warehouse storage facility? Warehouse Storage Practices External warehouse - questions and concerns Offsite Warehouse - SQF scope Allergen Management of CPGs in Warehouse Environment Maintaining Traceability in FMCG warehouse for Promotional items High CO2 concentration in frozen warehouse filled with cranberries SQF 13.6.1 - Overflow Warehouse Relative moisture parameters in a warehouse for dried spice