What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Food safety certifications required to sell retail and at wholefoods in Canada and USA

Started by , Nov 12 2020 03:16 AM

FoodB, it's not "required" by all but for most, I believe, what I have seeing is that big companies like W have been requiring one of the GFSI certifications for years now. Mostly SQF but recently heard some are switching to BRC (?) I do not know exactly why.

1 Reply

Hello, what food safety certifications are required to sell a pre-packaged product at a large retail store like Wholefoods, Save on Foods and other? Do they all require 3rd party certification from programs approved by GFSI? Thank you, B 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
food safety 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention Repackaging of Food Grade product Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ?
[Ad]

FoodB, it's not "required" by all but for most, I believe, what I have seeing is that big companies like W have been requiring one of the GFSI certifications for years now. Mostly SQF but recently heard some are switching to BRC (?) I do not know exactly why.

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
food safety 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention Repackaging of Food Grade product Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ? Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6 Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Food Safety Videos- Recommendations? Food safety culture plan Food contact surfaces