What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Do you use a program to store your suppliers certificates and specs on?

Started by , Nov 17 2020 09:53 AM
7 Replies

Hi, do any of you use a program to store your suppliers certificates and specs on it, I am using a spreadsheet with dates on it but have to manual check it daily to send email to suppliers to update there certs, I was wondering if there is a program out there. They are: ISO, BRC, UFAS, FAMI-QA, MSDS, Specs and COA.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Skip Lot Program For Raw Materials Developing a Workplace Safety Program Zosi’s Environmental Monitoring Program (EMP) and risk assessment templates Developing an Environment / ATP Swab Program In CFR 111 must we reconfirm suppliers certificate of analysis for flavors and color?
[Ad]

We use sharepoint (within office program). I can set notifications per expiry dates and then I get an e-mail on those dates.

I rarely have to go through the library of supplier's certificates thanks to this!

My company uses Document Compliance Network, which was formerly Compliance Cops.  It tracks missing documents, and gives 90, 30, and 10 day expiry warnings for documents.  You can also set it up to e-mail suppliers automatically for document requests as documents are approaching their expiry.

I'm a fan of Excel and find conditional formatting helps somewhat with the manual checks. Though we are triallling Monday.com at the moment which looks promising, too early yet though to review properly.

Hi,

I put it in my e mail/ diary scheduler (outlook) I add the commented to "update x y z" in the diary. When this date comes round I get and outlook calendar notification. You can also add the contact details or the supplier there to save time looking for it.

I also use SharePoint we have it configured to send out monthly reminder emails to us as docs expire. Recent completed an audit on one of our vendors and they use a program called Smart Sheet for managing their vendors and documents. I was quite impressed by its functionality.

We use Excel with conditional formatting that changes colour when certificates are coming up for renewal, and then another colour for expired certificates. I check this weekly and just look for the differently coloured cells. But we have only ~150 materials so it's not to much of a task to keep on top of it this way.

1 Like

Food Portal offers cloud-based systems to handle raw material and supplier approval functions. You can create a profile for each supplier and upload approval evidence. The systems enable you to risk assess each supply route for your raw materials, and automatically generate a range of site control documents, including: the approved list for purchasing, the allergen risk assessment, the raw material acceptance criteria reference document, the site vulnerability assessment, and raw material surveillance schedules.

Similar Discussion Topics
Skip Lot Program For Raw Materials Developing a Workplace Safety Program Zosi’s Environmental Monitoring Program (EMP) and risk assessment templates Developing an Environment / ATP Swab Program In CFR 111 must we reconfirm suppliers certificate of analysis for flavors and color? Customers want to rent our storage to store their products Requesting migration reports from packaging suppliers Approved Supplier Program - Spot Purchasing Organic Food Fraud program Mandatory certificates or courses for SQF