What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Changes to Issue 4 Storage & Distribution

Started by , Nov 20 2020 12:34 PM
0 Reply

Dear all,

Having had the opportunity to review the changes to Issue 4 S&D I am somewhat disappointed to see that within exclusions from Scope, the cutting and trimming of fresh produce are now included despite, as I understand it, a number of objections rasied against it at consultation stage. My food safety consultancy work is mainly with market based fruit & vegetable suppliers and this will have a major impact on them going forward.

This will mean that any market based fruit & veg suppliers (who are already currently struggling in the current Covid climate) will either  continue their (very low risk) practice of improving the quality/presentation of the vegetables by trimming the occasional leaf of a head of cauliflower and no longer have use of the BRCGS logo because of an exclusion from scope or will see an increase in rejections of product for quality reasons because customers will receive products that may not meet their specifications with regard to quality of appearance!

I've contacted BRCGS about this but would appreciate feedback from anyone else out there who is facing this issue?

Kind regards

Barbara Evans

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Distribution in Allergen Management Ceiling issue fix Warehouse storage practice for Non-GMO Project Sample for distribution of Supplements finished Goods Pecan, Almond and Other Nut Storage
[Ad]

Similar Discussion Topics
Distribution in Allergen Management Ceiling issue fix Warehouse storage practice for Non-GMO Project Sample for distribution of Supplements finished Goods Pecan, Almond and Other Nut Storage What would be the best temperature and relative humidity for our rice mill warehouse storage facility? BRCGS Storage and Distribution - Clause 1.1.9 Adding new building to BRCGS Issue 6 Certification Customers want to rent our storage to store their products Warehouse Storage Practices