What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Does anyone have a document for Random Weight Checks?

Started by , Nov 24 2020 10:27 PM
10 Replies

Our auditor said we need to have a separate sheet for doing a random weight check of the products, prior we were recording on the production sheets. Is there anything in particular i should be adding? Is product name, date and weight enough? Cheers

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Temperature recording document in Excel Do I need Net weight and PDP on gift box? Net Weight Requirements for Combination Gift Packaging Document Control BRC 4.6.1 - procedure to document purchase specification for new equipment
[Ad]

Our auditor said we need to have a separate sheet for doing a random weight check of the products, prior we were recording on the production sheets.

Is there anything in particular i should be adding? Is product name, date and weight enough?

Cheers

Some further details may assist, eg

Audit Standard ?

Product ?

Regulatory-related ?

HACCP standard and the products are baked goods

HACCP standard and the products are baked goods

If this is retail, will probably be a regulatory procedure.

weight is not a haccp factor ?

This might be helpful.

Attached Files

Our auditor said we need to have a separate sheet for doing a random weight check of the products, prior we were recording on the production sheets.

Is there anything in particular i should be adding? Is product name, date and weight enough?

Cheers

From distant memory, Australia uses a specific Procedure for Net Weight control/acceptable tolerances but which is dissimilar to that used in UK Weights and Measures, eg -

https://www.foodstan...es/default.aspx

I attached an example of what we use!

regards 

Sara 

.....sorry, now is attached!

Attached Files

I have this but in italian

This might be helpful.

Why do you check weights hourly?!

We once had a issue with our checkweigher that weighs each individual product and rejects light ones. We weigh out ingredients to spec, but while we fixed this problem, our inspector allowed us to run, provide these averages did not go below stated weights. It was kind of fluke situation but I remembered the sheet.

Similar Discussion Topics
Temperature recording document in Excel Do I need Net weight and PDP on gift box? Net Weight Requirements for Combination Gift Packaging Document Control BRC 4.6.1 - procedure to document purchase specification for new equipment Vacuum bags integrity checks Minimum weight checks before packaging Allergen Label Checks Temperature checks at receiving for ingredients that must be kept cold Equipment with No Safe For Food Contact Document