What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

FDA labeling for konjac jelly

Started by , Nov 30 2020 06:57 PM
3 Replies

Anyone know where this product falls in labeling requirements?  Or even statement of identity? I don't think you'd have to put  konjac jelly as the statement of identity, but maybe you do? Like would you have to say "Strawberry flavored konjac jelly"?  For those who don't know, konjac is basically an Asian plant based gelatin substitute. Is this considered just a plant product? "Strawberry flavored plant jelly" ?  Thoughts / direction are appreciated.  

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Automatic Labeling System Customer labeling of frozen pizza Scale Labeling Machine USFDA Food Labeling Date format USDA Labeling Evaluation
[Ad]

I've never had experience with this kind of products, but my thought is that the statement should not be misleading - and in your case, the word "konjac" might be confused with liquor cognac (to me - it sounds like that!) 

1 Thank

Konjac would need to go on the label. 

Interestingly enough we have a package of Konjac Root noodles here and also use the Konjac Root powder as a sugar absorber... eat a piece of pie for instance, take 3-4 capsules and it absorbs the sugar - amazing stuff.

Some people have reactions to Konjac even though it is not considered an allergen or sensitizing ingredient.

1 Thank

I've never had experience with this kind of products, but my thought is that the statement should not be misleading - and in your case, the word "konjac" might be confused with liquor cognac (to me - it sounds like that!) 

I thought that too and that's why I was asking!  

Konjac would need to go on the label. 

Interestingly enough we have a package of Konjac Root noodles here and also use the Konjac Root powder as a sugar absorber... eat a piece of pie for instance, take 3-4 capsules and it absorbs the sugar - amazing stuff.

Some people have reactions to Konjac even though it is not considered an allergen or sensitizing ingredient.

Thank you for the info.  So" Konjac Root Snack" might be ok?

Similar Discussion Topics
Automatic Labeling System Customer labeling of frozen pizza Scale Labeling Machine USFDA Food Labeling Date format USDA Labeling Evaluation Allergen Labeling Seafood Unrefined oil allergen labeling Retail Labeling Labeling Ready Meals as Bake SQF and FDA guidelines for labeling