What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

SQF 2.4.5 Non-Conforming Product or Equipment

Started by , Dec 09 2020 08:01 PM
3 Replies

Hi all, I had a question regarding the purpose of 2.4.5 Non-Conforming Product. Is this section intended to keep documentation of any incident? If a product does not meet spec, I would use this procedure. If a co-man sent a box with a different date, same product, on pallet, would i use this procedure?? Is this procedure a catch all for any form of issue whether food safety or errors?? Thanks! 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Scope of Certification product specific Stainless-steel grades for product-contact equipment Steel-it epoxy paint for equipment product-contact surfaces Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Repackaging of Food Grade product
[Ad]

Your procedure should detail identification of non-conformities from outside sources and the steps you take to address it. Some things that come to mind would be opening a supplier non-conformance record, supplier corrective action record (if multiple repeats), etc.

Ideally your procedure would identify those outside sources where non-conforming product could be introduced

1. Identify sources

2. Steps to address

- SCAR/SNCR

- Disposition of product (pick up by co-man)

- Records of disposition, etc.

- Responsible persons for overseeing this process

However you want it to look should be fine as long as there is a process to identify, dispose, and record the non-conforming products from external sources

Yes I would apply the same principles to both issues so you dont have to create two separate processes that in most cases would look the same. You could add a section in the procedure where it is evaluated whether it is a food safety hazard or general quality defect. A food safety hazard might require more attention, urgency, and greater collaboration from team members to be resolved quicker

1 Like

in my opinion it is for food safety issues.   if the error could result in a food safety issue it would also apply as well.   

If the different date is not on the shipping  paperwork /  there is or could be a possible  tracability issue  or a food security risk,  then I would say it could  apply.  

don't forget about 2.5.3 corrective and preventative actions for deviations from food safety requirements.  

I agree with Jdpaul above. Also I just wanted to note that in the changes to ed. 9 of SQF code, non-conforming equipment was moved to 11.1.7 Equipment and Utensils. Essentially it would have the same process as non-conforming product though, in a sense that it triggers a QA hold and investigation whatever the case may.

1 Like1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Scope of Certification product specific Stainless-steel grades for product-contact equipment Steel-it epoxy paint for equipment product-contact surfaces Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Repackaging of Food Grade product New Equipment and Commissioning Checklist Template FSSC v6 equipment management purchase specification The why, what for and how on Food Equipment & Supplies Safety Certification The why, what for and how on Food Equipment & Supplies Safety Certification The why, what for and how on Food Equipment & Supplies Safety Certification