What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Allergen policy and risk assessment

Started by , Dec 14 2020 03:30 PM
3 Replies

HI, advice needed as this is a new one for me! We are a vegetable prep and washed potatoes production site who is just launching soon home delivery boxes ranging from Veg and fruit but now I have been dropped on by the Ops manager we are looking in doing cakes, so they will be brought in already wrapped etc but the issue is some will contain allergens i.e. walnuts. We are currently a nut free site so my question is how do I manage this as part of this as I do not want to change from people bring in nuts or allowing vending machines to stock up on nut products. Please someone guide me on a allergen policy and a risk assessment for this. Also i would appreciate some comments regarding storing other products on site as well as our own veg? Thanks, APS

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Allergen checklist to supplier Allergen validation and verification as per FSSC Version 6.0 Allergen Specific factory wear Allergen declaration for gelatin? Allergen Management
[Ad]

Are you operating under a specific standard (such as sqf, brc, fssc, etc.)?

Hi

I am operating under BRC V8 Standards

Regards

Anthony

I would consider few things here: 

1. your cakes are traded goods - therefore (according to our BRC auditor), you would require separate storage for them. 

2. complete the full allergen risk assessment (i am not sure how your looks like, but i did mine - and we have very complex site) by adding the location of nuts and walnuts on the allergen risk assessment. This will give you real picture of the flow and where the contamination can be. The pre requisite programme will be adjusted to your needs. This may include the additional activities on your spillage procedure etc. 

3. establish the risk of cross contamination during the delivery and adjust the pre req programme for this as well. 

i would not think the alibi labelling would be necessary ( maybe for the overall box?) all depends on risk assessment. 

Similar Discussion Topics
Allergen checklist to supplier Allergen validation and verification as per FSSC Version 6.0 Allergen Specific factory wear Allergen declaration for gelatin? Allergen Management Allergen Management Plan Lychee Nut Management as an Allergen Allergen Risk Assessment Carryover Non Allergen Allergen Label Checks