What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Gum after deguming in vegetable oil production is an allergen?

Started by , Dec 15 2020 09:02 AM
4 Replies

Hi everyone, my company is producing soybean oil. in which by-product is Gum of soybean with main ingredient is phospholipid. It is used to produce lecithin as I found out there were traces of soy protein in lecithin. So for Gum separated, do we have to manage as a substance with allergenic ingredients present in the factory?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Allergen checklist to supplier Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Allergen validation and verification as per FSSC Version 6.0 Allergen Specific factory wear Fumes in the Production Facility
[Ad]

If you aren't able to validate that the process by which the gum is made will remove all of the soya protein elements, then yes you should treat it as an allergen containing soy.

It's not clear where you're based or where you're selling the product, but for EU and I believe also for US purposes, soybean only ceases to become an allergen if processed into a fully refined oil/fat form.

1 Like1 Thank

If you aren't able to validate that the process by which the gum is made will remove all of the soya protein elements, then yes you should treat it as an allergen containing soy.

It's not clear where you're based or where you're selling the product, but for EU and I believe also for US purposes, soybean only ceases to become an allergen if processed into a fully refined oil/fat form.

thanks you so much

You need to look for the threshold standard for the oil and send out samples to a lab for allergen properties.

If you are under the threshold you are not treating it as an allergen and that is what one of our clients has done.

The traces were extremely low and thus the level did not qualify on an allergen.

They do however conduct routine testing to ensure that position.

1 Thank

You need to look for the threshold standard for the oil and send out samples to a lab for allergen properties.

If you are under the threshold you are not treating it as an allergen and that is what one of our clients has done.

The traces were extremely low and thus the level did not qualify on an allergen.

They do however conduct routine testing to ensure that position.

afaik threshold standards only exist for a very few locations ?

Similar Discussion Topics
Allergen checklist to supplier Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Allergen validation and verification as per FSSC Version 6.0 Allergen Specific factory wear Fumes in the Production Facility Allergen declaration for gelatin? Allergen Management Allergen Management Plan Using cattle salt-non food grade on a food production line Lychee Nut Management as an Allergen