What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

What could be the cause of RO membrane water smell?

Started by , Dec 17 2020 12:07 AM
5 Replies

We have water treatment system currently we have face a problem of water smell on the Ro membrane especially when there is long time stoppage of Ro and also after Ro treatment the ph of water is not reduced also we got 11.5 we are starting dosing citric acid also for ph reduction. Our Raw water have high ph 12 and high conductivity 230-250 our water treatment system have sand filter-activated carbon filter-sodium ion exchanger-micro filter 0.5-Ro-UV sterilizer-titanium filter. What will be possible cause of this and the solution I need your help urgently. Thank you all

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Glove Dip Station filled with water and chlorine - is this normal? OPP Packaging leavening milky residue when in contact with water Reusable Water Bottles on plant floor Specifications for Micro Testing of Water used in Food Production Water Concentration recommended for a cooling bath using Sodium hypochlorite 12.5%
[Ad]

What is your process for changing out the membranes? It is very easy to get microbiological/bio-film contamination in the membrane

Do you have a flow diagram to attach?

We are not changing until now the Ro membranes

I don’t have the flow diagram but

Raw water tank-sand filter-Ac filter-sodium ion exchanger-MIcro filter-Ro-UV-finished water tank-Titanium filter this is the process

You may try to change the membrane and observe. And in the future, you may need to change it frequently.

Microbiological biofilm formation could be the reason which will happen very often.

You might also consider taking samples at each step in the process to narrow down where the smell is coming from. Pull samples at each step for micro testing and sensory

Do you have an HPLC?

I don’t have HPLC
But I take from each step samples to smell but each step have no off odor I got only bad smell on the Ro membrane

Similar Discussion Topics
Glove Dip Station filled with water and chlorine - is this normal? OPP Packaging leavening milky residue when in contact with water Reusable Water Bottles on plant floor Specifications for Micro Testing of Water used in Food Production Water Concentration recommended for a cooling bath using Sodium hypochlorite 12.5% Water hoses and nozzles - maintenance and cleaning schedule Customer complaints for excess water in onions Shipping of salted casings and water retention regulation Is Water testing required for SQF Storage and Distribution site? Water testing at new facility