What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Control of external supply, storage and delivery

Started by , Dec 17 2020 11:21 AM
2 Replies

Hello all, I'm hoping someone can help! We are an egg packing facility, grading, packing and dispatching eggs. Another packer, regularly drops off a pallet of packed eggs (wrapped and ready to go), we pop on the wagon with our stock and deliver to the depot for them. There is nothing in place for this - paperwork and procedure wise it doesn't happen. Does some sort of control need to be in place for this? If so, any suggestions? To me, or from an auditors POV, it doesn't seem right, but i'm stuck on where to start! TIA

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Allergen control in fully packaged products BRCGS 5.4.1 Process control Document Control Salary for Quality Control Supervisor Questions used to determine the critical control point
[Ad]

You should follow the guidelines for food storage and distribution for BRC and get those procedures in place because right now you pull the trigger of a gun every time you ship someone else's product, hoping the bullets doesn't hit anyone.

I completely agree with Glenn on this. I'd treat it pretty much as you would for e.g. traded goods - inspect on receipt, log in, inspect on dispatch, log out etc.

If nothing else, it'll potentially cause a financial problem if there is damage after leaving your site, and you can't prove it arrived in a decent condition - admittedly it's not a safety justification, but it is one that may persuade colleagues who might be reticent about adding procedures and paperwork in a "we've always done it this way" area ;)

Similar Discussion Topics
Allergen control in fully packaged products BRCGS 5.4.1 Process control Document Control Salary for Quality Control Supervisor Questions used to determine the critical control point Control of nitrile gloves Does the freezer need to be on the flow chart as a preventative control SQF Requirements - Pest Control Control measure and control points Validation of prerequisites such as pest control