What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Validation for jam cooking conditions

Started by , Jan 02 2021 02:07 AM
4 Replies

Hi everyone,

\i am reviewing my HACCP plan and i am not happy with my microbiology validation.

I am cooking my jam to 94C, cool it to 75C and fill jars.

very standard procedure.

Can someone link me to a good literature link that cam be used as validation.

Thanks a lot,

D guy

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
SQF 2.5.1 Validation and Effectiveness Allergen validation and verification as per FSSC Version 6.0 Metal Detector Validation vs Calibration Verification & Validation - scheduling, methods, etc. Metal Detector Validation
[Ad]

Hi everyone,

\i am reviewing my HACCP plan and i am not happy with my microbiology validation.

I am cooking my jam to 94C, cool it to 75C and fill jars.

very standard procedure.

Can someone link me to a good literature link that cam be used as validation.

Thanks a lot,

D guy

Hi d guy,

Not too sure about the "standard" ?.

Depends on pH etc, etc. eg -

canning operations.pdf   640.93KB   36 downloads

and why are you not filling at 94??  you need to hot fill (as hot as possible)  of the top of my head 75 seems way to cool to allow for a proper seal---no seal = non shelf stable

https://www2.gov.bc....apricot_jam.pdf

https://cdn-easthert...ms_and_oils.pdf

Hi, 

Can see this is an old post and I am slightly off topic here. 

How can I go about working out what the best time and temp is for: A fruit filling packed into a bucket (stored refrigerated with pH <3). 

Arguably this does not require full sterilisation as it will not need to be shelf stable. But still needs to be safe for consumption and no chance for mould growth during the shelf life. 

We do not want to fill hotter than 80degrees as the buckets become very flexible.  

Why did you say "Arguably this does not require full sterilisation as it will not need to be shelf stable." The bigger the package, the more likely it is required to be shelf stable or shelf life will run out when the package is not empty.

You said: "But still needs to be safe for consumption and no chance for mould growth during the shelf life. 

We do not want to fill hotter than 80degrees as the buckets become very flexible. " 

How long is your cooling step?

Why are you using these flexible buckets? I would look for more thermo-stable buckets if I were in your position.

Similar Discussion Topics
SQF 2.5.1 Validation and Effectiveness Allergen validation and verification as per FSSC Version 6.0 Metal Detector Validation vs Calibration Verification & Validation - scheduling, methods, etc. Metal Detector Validation What should be included in a cook validation? What is meant by an SQFI Validation Audit? Validation of prerequisites such as pest control Validation and Verification: Ensuring Compliance and Excellence Validation and Verification: Ensuring Compliance and Excellence