What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Will our unannounced audit in April be to SQF Ed 9?

Started by , Jan 12 2021 02:34 PM
3 Replies

I am scheduled for an un-announced audit from 4/24-6/24. Which edition will I be audited on? Can I go ahead and implement 9? We were scheduled last year for our un-announced audit, but it was scheduled due to COVID. What is the procedure now?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
How many Non-conformances did you get at your last audit? Shadow Witness Audit Request Member of the Month - April 2024 First time Costco audit, no GFSI certification Help with ISCC EU Audit
[Ad]

I attended an SQF edition 9 webinar in November.  When this question was brought up, I believe they gave a vague answer along the lines of be prepared for both.  I didn't write down the exact answer because this doesn't apply to me.  But I believe the recommendation was to write up edition 9 and have it ready to make the switch in May because they will not audit against edition 9 until the implementation date.

1 Like

Yeah....I have this same question, same situation.  On our SQF audit verification with the CD it states edition 8.  I suppose we'll have to be prepared for both which honestly isn't appropriate.  I think there needs to be flexibility with these where if you potential unannounced audit date is prior to 5/23 it is edition 8 even if you are audited after 5/23.  Companies can't really make a "switch".  We'll likely just have a separate section / documents for anything new in edition 9.

SQFI Home Page - Safe Quality Food Institute

SQF Code Edition 9 

The Safe Quality Food Institute (SQFI), a division of FMI, The Food Industry Association, announces the release of SQF Code Edition 9 for audits beginning on May 24, 2021.

Similar Discussion Topics
How many Non-conformances did you get at your last audit? Shadow Witness Audit Request Member of the Month - April 2024 First time Costco audit, no GFSI certification Help with ISCC EU Audit BRC Quarterly Audit coverage Third party audit certificate redacted Huge bill for unannounced BRC Audit Expenses FSSC V6 Internal audit Checklist BRC Audit on new factory not yet producing