What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Do we need photos of all our Glass and Brittle Plastic items?

Started by , Jan 22 2021 08:00 AM
3 Replies

Hi all, so I've been working through with our Glass and Brittle plastics for our food manufacturing plant. We have a nice in depth register, states the location code, location name, item name, whether it's a plastic or glass, risk to product safety, the current condition, and if broken what risk is it to the product safety. We also have a register of pictures with all damages included. Now the images is what takes a very large part of the time. Any cracks to any degree we take pictures of. How important is these images? We have 221 items we monitor across the factory. I've considered changing these pictures to be more broad of the location and highlight where exact items are, and looking through our SQF manual, it states

All glass objects or other brittle materials in food packaging handling/contact zones shall be listed in a glass register including details of their location.

As long as we have a detailed register I believe this should cover this aspect as a whole. And start only using images as a point of area reference, not to so much highlight the exact damage to an item.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Mayonnaise Glass Bottling Plant Process Coating inside the carton for plastic bottle Trader Joe’s dumplings recall due to possible contamination with hard plastic from a permanent marker Cleaning methods and chemicals for plastic IBCs? Glass Registry
[Ad]

I only use photos when I need to enter a work order because it simplifies that process significantly 

Otherwise, i just record condition (cracked but intact) on my inspection.

Remember, meet the standard by doing what you said you would do

2 Likes

As long as we have a detailed register I believe this should cover this aspect as a whole. And start only using images as a point of area reference, not to so much highlight the exact damage to an item.

[[[[[[[[[[[[[[
That is acceptable.

I don't have images for all items - only for broken items. 

For example, we have a machine with 4 panels of brittle plastic cracked / broken away. I took photos immediately and use these as references when checking, for all we know a bit could have snapped off or the crack could have got worse so i find referring to the original images helpful. If the crack got worse or more broke off i would picture and date this for reference also. You have to show control over vulnerable areas. 

Similar Discussion Topics
Mayonnaise Glass Bottling Plant Process Coating inside the carton for plastic bottle Trader Joe’s dumplings recall due to possible contamination with hard plastic from a permanent marker Cleaning methods and chemicals for plastic IBCs? Glass Registry How do I safely open tough protective plastic lids on packaged consumables? Liner Bag Requirement for Packaging Plastic Food Packages Maintaining Traceability in FMCG warehouse for Promotional items Microbiological swabs in plastic films industries and it's limit Type of migration test suitable to test on repeat used of HDPE Plastic for steaming