What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Micro Limit of Ready to Cook frozen food items

Started by , Jan 26 2021 12:23 PM
8 Replies

Dear all, I currently working in food exporting firm to US. We are producing ready to cook frozen food item (goes with other items in the finale stage at US). Since we are new, we are developing HACCP system. I am looking for microbiological limit for our products. As far as I know in US the FDA focusing on pathogens. I have read a previous thread. All helps appreciated

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Ambient air micro (APC, Y&M) limits Specifications for Micro Testing of Water used in Food Production Compressed Air - Micro parameters Micro-testing (E.Coli, Salmonella, Yeast and Mold) for supplier Micro. Guidelines for Food Contact Surfaces
[Ad]

What cooking instructions do you have? What did you base them on?

I assume you are not exporting as of yet, as you don't have a HACCP program - can you provide FSVP docs to your buyer?

Dear all, I currently working in food exporting firm to US. We are producing ready to cook frozen food item (goes with other items in the finale stage at US). Since we are new, we are developing HACCP system. I am looking for microbiological limit for our products. As far as I know in US the FDA focusing on pathogens. I have read a previous thread. All helps appreciated

It may relate to the specific type of food ?

For example, afaik frozen raw shrimps are (micro) checked for Salmonella. Typical requirement is non-detection of Salmonella in 25g based on FDA's sampling/analytical  scheme.

What cooking instructions do you have? What did you base them on?

We are cooking at 80 Degree..using RobQbo Machine.

Please refer Posts 3,  4.

The machine you are using doesn't appear to replicated "real" cooking 

Have you validated your cooking time/temp in the actual kind of device the consumer will be using?  e.g a microwave or oven?

You have to test your product against real world situations.......using a lab table top device will skew the data significantly

Beyond that as pp mentioned, we need a little more info about your product

The machine you are using doesn't appear to replicated "real" cooking 

Have you validated your cooking time/temp in the actual kind of device the consumer will be using?  e.g a microwave or oven?

You have to test your product against real world situations.......using a lab table top device will skew the data significantly

Beyond that as pp mentioned, we need a little more info about your product

Our cooking is happening via conduction through steam jacket. 

Thank you will do a real world stimulation.

Our cooking is happening via conduction through steam jacket. 

Thank you will do a real world stimulation.

Unless it's maybe not at atmospheric pressure, offhand I imagine it doesn't  matter where the heat comes from as far as the bacteria are concerned. However (see comment Post 7) the USFDA food code does have some caveats on cooking with microwave ovens .

Similar Discussion Topics
Ambient air micro (APC, Y&M) limits Specifications for Micro Testing of Water used in Food Production Compressed Air - Micro parameters Micro-testing (E.Coli, Salmonella, Yeast and Mold) for supplier Micro. Guidelines for Food Contact Surfaces Micro Lab Testing Micro Testing Composite Sampling Interpretation of micro testing guide Equipment Micro Standards Micro Testing for French Fries