What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Yeasts and moulds acceptable levels in hard cheese (cheddar)

Started by , Jan 26 2021 09:10 PM
1 Reply

Hi all, I hope that you can help here. Could someone advice on yeasts and moulds acceptable levels for hard cheese. I am struggling to find any guidance. Currently the specs we have are: target <1000, rejection >10000. Help appreciated. Thank you

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Yeasts and Moulds testing methods UV light in Spices Manufacturing for controlling Yeasts and Moulds Survivability of yeasts in high heat environments Enumeration of yeasts and molds Reducing Yeasts in Orange Juice
[Ad]

Hi All, I hope that you can help here. Could someone advice on yeasts and moulds acceptable levels for hard cheese. I am struggling to find any guidance. Currently the specs we have are: target <1000, rejection >10000

Help appreciated.
Thank you

Hi Aga,

Literature Specs are fairly elusive. Available literature data may relate to specific kinds of hard cheese (ie as compared to cheddar) but the former  is unfortunately often not defined. Relevances may also relate to the (current) OP's context (eg see attachment next paragraph.).

Yeast and Mould data found varies between max 10 and 250cfu/g (see last 4 files below) however I also saw this comment/caveat -

cheese.pdf   29.95KB   23 downloads

chE(1).pdf   106.58KB   19 downloads

chE(2).pdf   384.28KB   16 downloads

chK.pdf   399.78KB   15 downloads

ch(I).pdf   510.31KB   16 downloads

PS - one more -

chK(2).pdf   255.49KB   19 downloads

Similar Discussion Topics
Yeasts and Moulds testing methods UV light in Spices Manufacturing for controlling Yeasts and Moulds Survivability of yeasts in high heat environments Enumeration of yeasts and molds Reducing Yeasts in Orange Juice Controlling Moulds & Yeasts in Cheese Brine