What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Can the food safety team members also be on the TACCP, VACCP team?

Started by , Jan 31 2021 01:52 PM
3 Replies

Hi members. Our organization is gearing for FSSC certification. Stage 1 is scheduled in March. We have established the food safety team which is also a HACCP team. We have defined their responsibilities and competency. Can the same team be identified for TACCP and VACCP ?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
food safety 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention Repackaging of Food Grade product Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ?
[Ad]

Hello,

Potentailly yes and depends on your organisation, though worth taking into considertation the members relevance to each team. For example a TACCP team might have specific personnel from purchasing/HR/security which wouldn't necessarily be included in the HACCP team. I would look at your current 'food safety team', look at the requirements for TACCP and VACCP and judge whether the expertise required there is already covered in your current team or if you need to include others/create a seperate team.

1 Like1 Thank

We have included personnel from Purchasing as part of HACCP team since they are key for selecting suppliers for raw materials. I think I'll include same members from Food safety team as part of TACCP/VACCP team , additionally including personnel from Security, HR.

We have included personnel from Purchasing as part of HACCP team since they are key for selecting suppliers for raw materials. I think I'll include same members from Food safety team as part of TACCP/VACCP team , additionally including personnel from Security, HR.

A large part of VACCP is typically unrelated to FS. eg compare SQF to  BRC.

Might be argued that VACCP  is often a fundamental misnomer.

Similar Discussion Topics
food safety 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention Repackaging of Food Grade product Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ? Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6 Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Food Safety Videos- Recommendations? Food safety culture plan Food contact surfaces