What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Food Contact Packaging Letter of Guarantee Example

Started by , Feb 01 2021 02:18 PM
11 Replies

Dear all, I would like to ask our suppliers to give us a letter of guarantee for primary food contact packaging with references to the regulations. Does anyone have a template they can share with me?   These are foreign suppliers so I would like to provide them with a roadmap.  Thanks, Renee  

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Food safety culture Accommodations for Medication & Food How would you rate the food safety culture in your workplace? Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement?
[Ad]

I have this one from our US suppliers - please, see attached for your reference, hope this would help a bit

Attached Files

1 Thank

I have this one from our US suppliers - please, see attached for your reference, hope this would help a bit

Hi Olena,

I see no mention of migration data. Not required in US ?

I have no idea, sorry Charles. We received this kind of letter as they are, most of them actually have no reference to regulations

1 Thank

I have no idea, sorry Charles. We received this kind of letter as they are, most of them actually have no reference to regulations

I daresay it's perfectly impressive as it is. :smile:

LOG is an American tradition.

1 Like

It would depend on what type of packaging. As a paperboard packaging manufacturer we use the attached form of LOG

Attached Files

Hi Olena,

I see no mention of migration data. Not required in US ?

Both Sample LOG's from post #2 and post #6 are much more detailed then anything I have from suppliers, which have been SQF accepted for years.  

Would you be able to share a redacted version of what your current suppliers provide?   

Know that there is a lot of legal CYA in these in the US. :lol:

1 Like

Here's a simpler one from our food-contact packaging supplier.

Attached Files

1 Thank

Hello, pls find interesting this check list (from IFS)
best regards,
Leila

Attached Files

It also depends on if you are a USDA facility which means that the letter must comply with 9 CFR 317.24(b) also if you put the wording continual guarantee. You won't need a new one every year. 

Similar Discussion Topics
Food safety culture Accommodations for Medication & Food How would you rate the food safety culture in your workplace? Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? Repackaging of Food Grade product As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ? Food Safety Videos- Recommendations? food safety 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention