What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Sausage Spice Batch Tracing

Started by , Feb 01 2021 07:37 PM
2 Replies

I recently started working in a facility that produces all types of sausage. I have extensive work if I plan to make it SQF certified. I am working step by step one department at a time.  Right now the issue is with the spice room, they don't have a user friendly batch tracking system in place.  I want to be able to trace product back in case it ever gets recalled or if a certain spice or ingredient for that matter has been recalled.  I need to figure out how I can create a batch sheet that has the name of the product, product code, spices used and how much of it, lot numbers, raw material used , just anything that will be easy to trace and verify.  

Templates and ideas are much appreciated. Thanks All. 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Rework in sausage manufacturing Introduction to safe fresh sausage preparation Chicken sausage casing hazards HACCP plan for meat sausage rolls Raw Sausage HACCP Plan & New Ingredients - seeking guidance
[Ad]

Should be very straightforward batch record-----------in a perfect world, the spice blend comes in so a batch takes an entire unit (25lbs) and that makes it easier for traceability.

Production Date               Batch No                                   Spice Blend Lot Weight Salt Lot Weight Pork Lot Weight Other Wheat crumb Lot  Weight                                                      

Our clients have used software for tracking and recipe manufacturing (for exact weights, counts, etc.) from www.focus-works.com  - they do nice stuff.

Similar Discussion Topics
Rework in sausage manufacturing Introduction to safe fresh sausage preparation Chicken sausage casing hazards HACCP plan for meat sausage rolls Raw Sausage HACCP Plan & New Ingredients - seeking guidance How to go about extending the shelf life of sausage patties? Green hue on sausage Raw Sausage Casings- include on ingredient statement? Food safety hazards on chicken sausage (hotdog) Greeninsh spot in sausage