What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

How often is pesticide rotation required?

Started by , Feb 10 2021 12:31 AM
6 Replies

Hi good day to all, how frequently does the rotation of pesticide is needed? Right now we rotate every 3 months, but due to this pandemic crisis we are now planning to extend our rotation for every 6 months. Does this build up pesticide resistance?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Is wearing of steel toe shoes required on the plant floor? NIAS analysis required for food PET bottles and PE closures Required Food Safety Training for Employees Under FSSC 22000 Are 3 month required documents for SQF Audit? Is Water testing required for SQF Storage and Distribution site?
[Ad]

That would depend on the pest(s) and how large the issue is

The lifecycle of most pests is fairly short, so I wouldn't imagine this to be an issue

The lifecycle of most pests is fairly short, so I wouldn't imagine this to be an issue

Many thanks sir,

Hi msmcipm, Can you share some more details on importance of pesticide rotation. How is it implemented ?

Thanks

Hi msmcipm, Can you share some more details on importance of pesticide rotation. How is it implemented ?

Thanks

Hi Roshni, I`m still in the learning process but what i know is

1. Pesticide will be the final option in terms of pest control

2. Pesticide rotation is important to avoid resistance to insect

3. Choose right pesticides (not all pesticides can kill all types of insect unless fumigant)

4. and many more.........

there are many individual here that can help us learn more on this topic...... 

1 Thank

Thanks msmcipm for your inputs. Can you suggest an example for pesticide rotation process which you have implemented.

Hi good day to all, how frequently does the rotation of pesticide is needed? Right now we rotate every 3 months, but due to this pandemic crisis we are now planning to extend our rotation for every 6 months. Does this build up pesticide resistance?

We usually rotate pesticide quarterly and it's based on chemical class.  

Similar Discussion Topics
Is wearing of steel toe shoes required on the plant floor? NIAS analysis required for food PET bottles and PE closures Required Food Safety Training for Employees Under FSSC 22000 Are 3 month required documents for SQF Audit? Is Water testing required for SQF Storage and Distribution site? What supplier documentation is required when using Aluminium Foil as Primary Packaging? What kind of Verification is required for Maintenance and Sanitation? Can I use up current packaging or is new required if the product formulation has changed? SQF-2.4.8 - Is an Environmental Program Required? Can someone Help Me with a Template or a list of steps required to create a BMR for Herbal supplements?