What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Are there specific volumes that certain pre-packed products have to meet in the UK?

Started by , Feb 15 2021 02:44 PM
2 Replies

Hi, is anyone aware of specific volumes that certain pre-packed products have to meet in the UK. For example does vinegar have to be in a 5L container of could we fill to 5.2L as long as we label it as such? Is any amount legal or is it restricted to certain increments?Thanks

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Allergen Specific factory wear Prepackaged Products Consisting of Products Packaged Separately Consuming Expired Products Validated Monitoring Procedure for Frozen Meat Products. Specific Migration testing and the alternative - screening method
[Ad]

Hi

Is anyone aware of specific volumes that certain pre-packed products have to meet in the UK.

For example does vinegar have to be in a 5L container of could we fill to 5.2L as long as we label it as such? Is any amount legal or is it restricted to certain increments?

Thanks

Generally the set size requirements only apply to products for which so-called "specified quantities" are defined in regulations - primarily alcoholic drinks, in the case of liquids. I'm not aware of any such restriction on vinegar, so as long as you comply with general weights & measures regs I can't see why you couldn't pack to 5.2L.

Thanks - that's what I thought as well

:)

Similar Discussion Topics
Allergen Specific factory wear Prepackaged Products Consisting of Products Packaged Separately Consuming Expired Products Validated Monitoring Procedure for Frozen Meat Products. Specific Migration testing and the alternative - screening method Customers want to rent our storage to store their products FSSC 22000 Implementation but have non-food Products Cooking Salsa, Bean, Queso products and chilling under 40F HACCP USDA inspected products Tempering Chocolate for coated products