What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Do I need a PCQI certification?

Started by , Feb 18 2021 02:06 AM
4 Replies

Hi everyone,  I was wondering if someone could give me some advice on my question. I have worked for a food company in Taiwan for 2 years. My job: 1. Manage all the certification of my company including FSSC22000, HACCP, SQF, TQF(Taiwan Quality Food Association) and other external audit from government, client, foreign countries as well. 2. Design and review FSMA-compliant food safety plan (but my manager has a PCQI certificate, I dont.). I'm leaving Taiwan to U.S this year, so I'm thinking to get a PCQI certificate or some training that can help me better to get a job in U.S, but PCQI training is a bit expensive. Question:  1. Does PCQI certificate increase my chances of getting a job in U.S? or other suggestions for me? (I have SQF Practitioner and HACCP training certificate)

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
HACCP certification for SQG Ed 9.0 - System Element 2.1.1.5 The why, what for and how on Food Equipment & Supplies Safety Certification The why, what for and how on Food Equipment & Supplies Safety Certification The why, what for and how on Food Equipment & Supplies Safety Certification First time Costco audit, no GFSI certification
[Ad]
You need to be qualified to be the PCQI. But certification is not required. I am not aware of any greater chance at employment for a certificate as it is experience that will be viewed much closer.
1 Like1 Thank
A PCQI certificate will not necessarily increase your chances of landing a job in the US. It's not a necessary certification. The CFR itself states the certificate is not required. However, it won't hurt to have one. Remember: one can never be overdressed or overeducated!
1 Thank

You need to be qualified to be the PCQI. But certification is not required. I am not aware of any greater chance at employment for a certificate as it is experience that will be viewed much closer.

Thank you, Glenn, I just found out I used the wrong word, is not certification.

A PCQI certificate will not necessarily increase your chances of landing a job in the US. It's not a necessary certification. The CFR itself states the certificate is not required. However, it won't hurt to have one. Remember: one can never be overdressed or overeducated!

Thank you for your advice!! :smile:

Similar Discussion Topics
HACCP certification for SQG Ed 9.0 - System Element 2.1.1.5 The why, what for and how on Food Equipment & Supplies Safety Certification The why, what for and how on Food Equipment & Supplies Safety Certification The why, what for and how on Food Equipment & Supplies Safety Certification First time Costco audit, no GFSI certification Retail Certification? PCQI Training in Portuguese Adding new building to BRCGS Issue 6 Certification HACCP and SQF Certification Recommendations for a SQF Certification Body