What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

RTE Ambient Temperature Product

Started by , Mar 02 2021 12:36 PM

Hi everyone. Please could you help me with the following query?  If a starch product is cooked then goes through a filling and clipping process like a sausage but has preservatives to enable it to be stored at ambient temperature, must the post filling process be drop temperature controlled?

The usual reason for controlling cooling step is related to a potential hazard from spore-existing bacterial species which may survive the thermal treatment, eg Bacillus spp. So is this species or other analogous spore formers  a significant hazard in yr product prior to heat treatment ?

6 Replies

Hi everyone. Please could you help me with the following query?  If a starch product is cooked then goes through a filling and clipping process like a sausage but has preservatives to enable it to be stored at ambient temperature, must the post filling process be drop temperature controlled?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Repackaging of Food Grade product Temperature recording document in Excel Ambient air micro (APC, Y&M) limits Is there a minimum PPM of nitrites necessary to deem a product food safe when curing meats? What would be the best temperature and relative humidity for our rice mill warehouse storage facility?
[Ad]

Depends on what the filling temperature is

The temperature is cooked to 90 degrees celsius then it is manually poured into a hopper that fills the artificial casings with the cooked starch.

The usual reason for controlling cooling step is related to a potential hazard from spore-existing bacterial species which may survive the thermal treatment, eg Bacillus spp. So is this species or other analogous spore formers  a significant hazard in yr product prior to heat treatment ?

1 Thank

The other item to ponder here is the QUALITY of the finished goods if not cooled prior to storage

If packed and palletized with an internal temp of say 30C, (which will not cool quickly once palletized) what does the product in the bottom cases look like when you open them?

Hi Charles,

Thank you for your reply. I will take that into consideration as it is already a processed product that arrives with a COA from an approved supplier.

The other item to ponder here is the QUALITY of the finished goods if not cooled prior to storage

If packed and palletized with an internal temp of say 30C, (which will not cool quickly once palletized) what does the product in the bottom cases look like when you open them?

Thank you Scampi for your reply.  Good point!!! 

Similar Discussion Topics
Repackaging of Food Grade product Temperature recording document in Excel Ambient air micro (APC, Y&M) limits Is there a minimum PPM of nitrites necessary to deem a product food safe when curing meats? What would be the best temperature and relative humidity for our rice mill warehouse storage facility? Requirements for shipping organic product that is sealed and only distributed by a certified distributor? How would I verify my HACCP Plan for new product? Foreign Material Handling for product with meat filling Intestines - Edible Meat Product? Can I use up current packaging or is new required if the product formulation has changed?