What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Is it ok to reheat cheesecake for slicing

Started by , Mar 05 2021 03:22 AM
2 Replies

We are a HACCP Certified Bakery. Recently, the chef reheat baked cheese cake (cook - chill then reheat for easy slicing and chill again). Could this practice be food safe? Thanks.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Listeria monocytogenes on Slicing Equipment CCPs for cheesecake making Should slicing cured meats be in a high care area, or low risk area? HACCP for vacuum packaging cheesecake Can I eat refrigerated pizza cold or do I need to reheat it?
[Ad]

We are a HACCP Certified Bakery. 

Recently, the chef reheat baked cheese cake (cook - chill then reheat for easy slicing and chill again).

Could this practice be food safe? 

Thanks.

Yr question should perhaps be rephrased - (a) Was the food safe before the "Practice" ? (b) Is the food safe after the "Practice
?

Assuming (a) was Yes, the answer to (b) likely depends on the hygiene implemented during carrying out of the "Practice" and the specific time/temp(s) within  the cake during the implementation of the "Practice".

I'm not a chef but you might consider investigating whether the "Practice" is a routine baking Procedure.

I am a former chef, this would not be acceptable from a food safety standpoint.

we used press blades, super sharp with the cheesecakes cut prior to full chill - worked great.

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Listeria monocytogenes on Slicing Equipment CCPs for cheesecake making Should slicing cured meats be in a high care area, or low risk area? HACCP for vacuum packaging cheesecake Can I eat refrigerated pizza cold or do I need to reheat it? Deli Meat Slicing HACCP Cheese and Macaroni Production in 4 lb Frozen - Reheat n Serve Bag Cooling Process Validation for Cheesecake, Pie and Baked Custards Using microwave to reheat chicken Position of Metal Detector in Bread Slicing Process