What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

New to QA

Started by , Mar 13 2021 11:29 PM
6 Replies

I am new to working in Quality and just want to learn as much as I can but could use some guidance to what I am doing. Not much help at work or training so I am learning as I go. 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
[Ad]

I am new to working in Quality and just want to learn as much as I can but could use some guidance to what I am doing. Not much help at work or training so I am learning as I go. 

Hi dnaylor,

Welcome to the Forum! :welcome:

What kind of food business are you working in ?

Welcome I'm also moderately new to the industry... just like you I'm still finding my way through it.

Sent from my SM-A022F using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum!

Hello!

Welcome. 

I am coming into my 4th year as Quality Control, starting from the same situation, absolutely no training, guidance, this role didn't even exist before i started doing it. 

What i've learned this past year when everyone abandoned ship due to Covid-19 is to do what you can for yourself. 

Get as much external training as you can, research as much as you can - i've probably spent 100000 hours on IFSQN the last year. Create a good relationship with any external auditors that come in and don't be afraid to email them for advice on anything. i don't have supportive senior management so i just go externally and speak directly to auditors who i trust more anyway!

I know you're USA so this might not be too helpful but i also find techni-k a good source. 

Could you explain your role a little more? I feel i could be more technical based so don't want to bore you with that stuff if you aren't too involved with that side.

afternoon, welcome Naylor!
afternoon, welcome DNaylor!

Similar Discussion Topics