What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Approved Supplier Program to meet SQF Ed. 9

Started by , Mar 16 2021 03:00 PM
3 Replies

I am working on updating our Approved Supplier program against SQF Ed. 9 and I'm wondering if I am putting too much thought into our policy and procedures.  Our current Approved Supplier Program covers suppliers of ingredients, packaging materials, CIP/COP detergents & sanitizers, and contract manufacturers.  Do I need to extend this to include suppliers of other services (e.g. pest control, landscaping, uniform service, etc.) or can these be covered under Module 11?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
BRCGS 3.7.2 - Does a supplier have to have a HARA/HACCP to be an approved supplier through a questionnaire? Approved Supplier Program - Spot Purchasing Approved Grade A Tanker wash stations in CA Using raw materials before getting a CoA from approved suppliers Packaging of pre cook chicken already approved by USDA
[Ad]

Yep you're over thinking!

You may want to include a list of contractors/contracted services, this allows you to track uniform vendors, waste management, pest control without needing RA etc

e.g. pest control, landscaping, uniform service, etc.)

look under service providers, contractors, etc. for the information you need and procedures to follow - different from than the track you were running on.

I see this as an issue when we try to squeeze our procedures into the "system" of our certifiers.  We make sure to cover all the requirements, but we write our procedures so that they make sense to the people who use them.  We may have multiple procedures for each standard if it makes sense to break it down into individuals responsibilities and smaller sections.  Long procedures that try to cover everything in one are usually the ones followed less completely, probably because they are not easy to use, and nobody remembers that many details!  

A procedure that covers the production departments service providers or contractors and the procedure for the Laboratory or office can be different.  (GMP training, required certification, required PPE etc.) The end result is procedures that are easily understood and followed.

Similar Discussion Topics
BRCGS 3.7.2 - Does a supplier have to have a HARA/HACCP to be an approved supplier through a questionnaire? Approved Supplier Program - Spot Purchasing Approved Grade A Tanker wash stations in CA Using raw materials before getting a CoA from approved suppliers Packaging of pre cook chicken already approved by USDA Approved chemicals for sanitations Request of COAs for Co-Pack from Approved Supplier COCs as they Partain to Approved Vendor Supplier Documentation Can you have approved sanitizing wipes placed at work stations throughout a food facility? BRC Approved Gloves