What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

BRC IOP Clause 3.8.1

Started by , Mar 25 2021 11:20 AM
4 Replies

Hi everyone, how do you solve the 3.8.1 Clause from BRC Packaging Standard 6. At the moment I try to find a process that fits. But is it more of a clause that can be solved like every 6 months we check the websites of trade associations and government sources (as mentioned in the standard) or is it more like, we check every 6 months the quality in a lab.Thanks for answers

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
SQF Clause 5.2.1 - Artwork customer approval BRCGS Storage and Distribution - Clause 1.1.9 BRCGS Clause 3.11.3 - Incident management test must include a recall test? Clause 8.5.1.2 - Characteristics of raw materials, ingredients and product contact materials FSSC 22000 Clause 2.5.1 - Management of Services and Purchased Materials
[Ad]

its meant to help ensure that you are knowledgeable in current industry topics and events.  

what I normally have done is subscribed to email alerts, newsletters, announcements, etc  from the regulatory agencies, trade groups, etc.  (bvl, ifsqn, brcgs,  Industrievereinigung Kunststoffverpackungen e.V. (IK), etc.    (sorry im not very familar with packaging or germany)  

then I would forward pertinent info to pertinent people inside my organization.   I save the emails as evidence of compliance.  

its pretty simple, but will meet the requirement. 

1 Thank

My company categorises suppliers by size and/or ownership

- Big enterprises listed on public stock markets: government sources or financial/compliance consultants.

- Private medium/large enterprises: subscription for newsletters from industrial associations

- Small suppliers (mostly less important items): own investigation.

I used BRC Participate, FDA.gov,  Food Safety Magazine., Codex.

Also include the verbiage in your quarterly management review.  "Reviewed legislative and BRC standard changes"

I use various but the one I go back to regularly is the Food Packaging Forum  https://www.foodpackagingforum.org/

It is particularly good on new product safety issues, upcoming legislation and includes threats such as substitution.

There is a searchable database.

It is free as well! 

Similar Discussion Topics
SQF Clause 5.2.1 - Artwork customer approval BRCGS Storage and Distribution - Clause 1.1.9 BRCGS Clause 3.11.3 - Incident management test must include a recall test? Clause 8.5.1.2 - Characteristics of raw materials, ingredients and product contact materials FSSC 22000 Clause 2.5.1 - Management of Services and Purchased Materials BRCGS clause 3.5 BRCGS Clause 3.7.5 - Supply Chain Traceability FSSC 22000 Clause 2.5.7 - Environmental Monitoring Programme Addressing clause 6.1 and clause 8.1 in ISO 22000:2018 BRCGS issue 9 Clause 1.1.3 - Food Safety and Quality Objectives