What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

I think it's time for a FUN IFSQN competition

Started by , Apr 20 2021 06:15 PM
Previous Page 1
42 Replies

With all the doom and gloom of the past 12 months I think it's time for a little pick-me-up.

Post your ideas for a member competition below and the one we choose to take forward will win a mystery prize. 

Oh wait is this a competition. :dunno:

Post as many ideas as you like.

Cheers,
Simon

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? First time Costco audit, no GFSI certification BRC Unannounced Audit Time Feels great to be a part of the IFSQN community! Soft Drinks - Pasteurisation Time/Temp (PU's)
[Ad]

1. The funniest story related to food safety (everybody knows food safety management is huge fun!)

2. The most attractive/convincing pictorial GMP training

3. Hobbies related to food safety/quality control (it would be amusing itself if anybody has one:))

1 Like

Awesome ideas olenazh!   You're right Simon---i pick me up is what we need!

Strangest place your hairnet has been (in photo form of course)

Weirdest auditor request/demand

Most difficult customer request

Strangest excuse an employee breaking the known rules has ever given  (she says as she goes into a meeting to find out why an employee was taking verified reports of supervisors desk to "fix" them with whiteout!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Oldest HACCP Certificate, photographic evidence required.

Strangest profession pre-food.  (Mine was urine testing, talk about being a peon.)

2 Likes

Strangest profession pre-food.  (Mine was urine testing, talk about being a peon.)

I would definitely be interested to know people's experience for the second one:)

Some great ideas.

Keep them coming. :thumbup:

Regards,

Simon

Strangest production request

Most certificates completed (I feel like as a food safety folk, every year is a new change haha)

Funniest occurrence that happened that involved food... that lead to a CAR

Most audits completed

Awesome ideas olenazh!   You're right Simon---i pick me up is what we need!

Strangest place your hairnet has been (in photo form of course)

Weirdest auditor request/demand

Most difficult customer request

Strangest excuse an employee breaking the known rules has ever given  (she says as she goes into a meeting to find out why an employee was taking verified reports of supervisors desk to "fix" them with whiteout!!!!!!!!

Yes to the strangest excuse an employee breaking the known rules xD

Your job title/area of work followed by a tagline

Weirdest/dumbest thing you had to tell someone they couldn't do (in front of me, the employee's hands were full of white cloths and she needed to move one more. So she carried it in her mouth to transport it. I was dumbfounded to say the least and still am)

Weirdest thing that has ever happened at work

Strangest/most odd job task you've had to do

Coolest thing you've got to do at work

Unfortunately I think I can beat urine testing!!

I use to work in an environmental lab and we tested  A LOT of wastewater(feces, urine, and etc). Other than just having to scoop the waste water of of the jar(vile smells) into a boat to weigh, we also did a percent solids test(among others but % solids was the worst). Basically we cooked it in the oven for 4-5 hours to dry it out. Nothing like the smell of freshly cooked wastewater in the morning. 

Needles to say I'm glad I'm in a different career path now!!!

1 Like

Oddest Customer Comment/Complaint

3 Likes

Oddest Customer Comment/Complaint

I like this one!  

I don't now why but I get a chuckle out of people that baffle me. In the dietary supplements world I had to work with complaints for a while and my two favorite were the one when a customer thought our fish oil softgel was a chewable and complained of it tasting fishy (gross!). Another was the men's daily vitamin was giving her 16 year old boy erections.

How about the worst thing you have seen an employee do in regards to GMPs and food safety. Example, I had a production worker go run to the bathroom in his production PPE (coat, glasses, booties, etc) and try to re-enter the production floor with the same stuff on.  :helpplease:

2 Likes

Unfortunately I think I can beat urine testing!!

I use to work in an environmental lab and we tested  A LOT of wastewater(feces, urine, and etc). Other than just having to scoop the waste water of of the jar(vile smells) into a boat to weigh, we also did a percent solids test(among others but % solids was the worst). Basically we cooked it in the oven for 4-5 hours to dry it out. Nothing like the smell of freshly cooked wastewater in the morning. 

Needles to say I'm glad I'm in a different career path now!!!

One of my former co-workers came from waste water treatment, he looked at urine testing as a step up.

1 Like

Coolest thing you've got to do at work - I think I'm in the running for this!

My position is R&D and food safety, one of my R&D projects right now is alcohol infused ice cream.  Side note, I don't drink, so tasting these has been interesting.

1 Like

My position is R&D and food safety, one of my R&D projects right now is alcohol infused ice cream.  Side note, I don't drink, so tasting these has been interesting.

LOL   but also  yum              like brandy infused cherry vanilla-I would buy that all day long      or cappuccino chip with Baileys!!  I could go on and on

Thanks for your ideas, much appreciated. 

I'll check through them tomorrow and have a think.

Take care everyone.

Simon

Ok I've compiled a list of ideas for the comp. 

Let me know if I've missed any or if you have another idea please comment below.

Now how the heck to pick which one to run with?

• Olenazh - The funniest story related to food safety (everybody knows food safety management is huge fun!)
  • Olenazh - The most attractive/convincing pictorial GMP training
  • Olenazh - Hobbies related to food safety/quality control (it would be amusing itself if anybody has one:))

• Scampi - Strangest place your hairnet has been (in photo form of course)
  • Scampi - Weirdest auditor request/demand
  • Scampi - Most difficult customer request
  • Scampi - Strangest excuse an employee breaking the known rules has ever given  (she says as she goes into a meeting to find out why an employee was taking verified reports of supervisors desk to "fix" them with whiteout!!!!!!!!

• Spidey - Oldest HACCP Certificate, photographic evidence required.
  • Spidey - Strangest profession pre-food.  (Mine was urine testing, talk about being a peon.)

• Njaquino - Strangest production request
  • Njaquino - Most certificates completed (I feel like as a food safety folk, every year is a new change haha)
  • Njaquino - Funniest occurrence that happened that involved food... that lead to a CAR
  • Njaquino - Most audits completed

• kfromNE - Your job title/area of work followed by a tagline
  • kfromNE - Weirdest/dumbest thing you had to tell someone they couldn't do (in front of me, the employee's hands were full of white cloths and she needed to move one more. So she carried it in her mouth to transport it. I was dumbfounded to say the least and still am)
  • kfromNE - Weirdest thing that has ever happened at work
  • kfromNE - Strangest/most odd job task you've had to do
  • kfromNE - Coolest thing you've got to do at work

• Setanta - Oddest Customer Comment/Complaint

• QAFSerik - How about the worst thing you have seen an employee do in regards to GMPs and food safety. Example, I had a production worker go run to the bathroom in his production PPE (coat, glasses, booties, etc) and try to re-enter the production floor with the same stuff on.   
1 Like
OK folks, I've reviewed the ideas, trimmed and grouped them into the below.

I think we have a pattern.

Just need to come up with a snappy title to encompass the ideas. Help appreciated.

BTW all 5 of you will share $100 for the ideas.

Thanks,
Simon

• Olenazh - The funniest story related to food safety (everybody knows food safety management is huge fun!)
  • Njaquino - Funniest occurrence that happened that involved food... that lead to a CAR
  • KfromNE - Weirdest thing that has ever happened at work
  • Setanta - Oddest Customer Comment/Complaint
  • QAFSerik - How about the worst thing you have seen an employee do in regards to GMPs and food safety. Example, I had a production worker go run to the bathroom in his production PPE (coat, glasses, booties, etc) and try to re-enter the production floor with the same stuff on.   
1 Like

OK folks, I've reviewed the ideas, trimmed and grouped them into the below.

I think we have a pattern.

Just need to come up with a snappy title to encompass the ideas. Help appreciated.

BTW all 5 of you will share $100 for the ideas.

Thanks,
Simon

'Fun' Times in the Food Industry

1 Like

Work Hard, Play Hard

'Fun' Times in the Food Industry

Lol, I was thinking that the definition of fun here perhaps does not comport with my own...

Btw, I have a work story that would absolutely top all in the categories of weirdest/worst, but it's so disgusting and disturbing, I would never publish it.  It haunts my sleep to this day.

So I'll bow out of the competition by my own accord...

Nonononono

You CANNOT form a comment like that and then not share!!!!!!!!!!!!    

3 Likes

Nonononono

You CANNOT form a comment like that and then not share!!!!!!!!!!!!    

I would imagine if I typed out this situation, I would be banned from the site, and rightly so....lol.

I would imagine if I typed out this situation, I would be banned from the site, and rightly so....lol.

Now you're making us all come with our own ideas on how bad it is. At least give us a general sense of what it involved like what type of food plant where you in.

1 Like

Lol, I was thinking that the definition of fun here perhaps does not comport with my own...

Btw, I have a work story that would absolutely top all in the categories of weirdest/worst, but it's so disgusting and disturbing, I would never publish it.  It haunts my sleep to this day.

So I'll bow out of the competition by my own accord...

Now, after you've intrigued everybody you're not gonna publish it? Frustrating... :shades:

2 Likes
Previous Page 1

Similar Discussion Topics
Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? First time Costco audit, no GFSI certification BRC Unannounced Audit Time Feels great to be a part of the IFSQN community! Soft Drinks - Pasteurisation Time/Temp (PU's) Swabbing zone 1,2,3 at the same time For temperature cooling does the time limit of 2-hour start when the temperature is at 135 °F for the sauce? Does a Quality Manager need to be on site any time production is running? SQF Implementation Package offered by IFSQN Celebrating 5 Years of IFSQN Food Safety Fridays Webinars