What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

SQF Edition 9 - Internal Audit

Started by , Apr 23 2021 02:07 PM
8 Replies

Hello all, can anyone tell me if they use the SQF Checklist Edition 9 as their Internal Audit Checklist? Also, do you separate it into sections to tackle a few sections every month? Any examples or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. KBMB

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
How many Non-conformances did you get at your last audit? Shadow Witness Audit Request Elevating Performance: Achieving Continuous Improvement through Internal Auditing Practices First time Costco audit, no GFSI certification Help with ISCC EU Audit
[Ad]

This is what I have always used

https://www.cmc-cvc.... Procedures.xls

It allows you to break your plan into small sections done over the course of the calendar year

It gives you a written record, and you can use the same form if you're only doing onsite and record evaluations (CCP/PC)

I have a calendar that lists out each sub element, and I determine how often to evaluate based on risk

4 Likes1 Thank

For my Annual Internal Audit, I use the most current checklist supplied on the SQF website and audit everything all at once, it takes me 2-3 days.

I have a separate checklist that I created and use for Monthly GMP Audits.

1 Like

2-3 days!!!!!!!  It takes me an hour to actually review one SOP properly against the code and legislated requirements

I need 2-3 days to properly reassess the HACCP plan alone

1 Like

2-3 days!!!!!!!  It takes me an hour to actually review one SOP properly against the code and legislated requirements

I need 2-3 days to properly reassess the HACCP plan alone

I go through all of my documents to review and update them against the code prior to performing my Internal Audit.  My Internal Audit is to confirm that I didn't miss anything during my document review and update process.

I suppose that begs the question of how one defines Internal Audit?  You have to answer that before you can plan a schedule.

We did not use the checklist until this year.  We chose to start using it because in Edition 9 they are requiring supporting comments on each clause, just like the SQF Auditors have to do.  We found it was much simpler just to use the checklist provided by SQF because it is designed for that and you know everything is included so you won't miss anything.  We maintain it electronically on a shared file.

We chose to divide the checklist out by sections and we do 4 to 5 sections each month.  I am fortunate to have some great co-workers so we have a multi-disciplinary Internal Audit Team and split the work between us.  I just have to provide annual training on Internal Auditing for them.  It is a win-win-win because it lessens the work load, they understand more of the behind the scenes requirements, and it helps to support our food safety culture (another updated section for Edition 9). - I do like the concept of going through the checklist all at once.  It would take some coordination of schedules since we use a team but I appreciate the idea being shared.

Like Spidey, we have a separate Monthly Internal Audit for GMP's in addition to the SQF Internal Audits and the Internal Audit Team covers those as well.

We have used the checklist for the past couple of years. I added a variety of columns and include links to the relevant programs/policies, records, documentation, review date, who was part of the review, etc. It allows for the plant managers to handle the audit without me being there. We start doing the review about 6 months prior to the next audit. I schedule 30 minutes, every week, to meet with the team. Whatever we get done in those 30 minutes is what we get done. It typically takes several months to get through all of it. 

Hello all,

Thank you very much.

It is so appreciated and very helpful.

KBMB

Hey there!

Do you have a GMP checklist you're able to share? Thank you in advance

For my Annual Internal Audit, I use the most current checklist supplied on the SQF website and audit everything all at once, it takes me 2-3 days.

I have a separate checklist that I created and use for Monthly GMP Audits.

Similar Discussion Topics
How many Non-conformances did you get at your last audit? Shadow Witness Audit Request Elevating Performance: Achieving Continuous Improvement through Internal Auditing Practices First time Costco audit, no GFSI certification Help with ISCC EU Audit BRC Quarterly Audit coverage Third party audit certificate redacted BRC Internal Auditing Query Huge bill for unannounced BRC Audit Expenses FSSC V6 Internal audit Checklist