What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

How are you conducting and reviewing your Food Safety Culture on site?

Started by , May 03 2021 11:45 AM
5 Replies

Hi, how are you conducting and reviewing your Food Safety Culture on site (BRC). Is this weekly, monthly, quarterly? What tools are you guys using? Thanks

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
food safety 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention Repackaging of Food Grade product Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ?
[Ad]

Hi

How are you conducting and reviewing your Food Safety Culture on site (BRC)

Is this weekly, monthly, quarterly?

What tools are you guys using?

Thanks

We have the gang watch a video and take a quiz on hire, and sit through a little lecture on GMP's and all, and every 6 months after that do it again.  We're not BRC though, were FSSC 22k, so I don't know the differences that may exist.

I've had clients perform activities, such as questionnaires, contests, etc.every 6 months or quarterly. This meets the requirement.

It's important to make sure whatever is performed is outlined in the food safety culture SOP/procedure and properly documented.

just to make sure you understand have a good understanding of Food Safety Culture,  I have attached the GFSI postion paper.  its long but has some good stuff in it.  

I have attached a survey that could be used at a frequency you determine. IMO annual would be adequate  it might need to be changed to meet your requirements.  make sure you address deficiencies identified from the survey.   

While i don't think meeting requirements for Food Safety Culture  needs to be super laborious, i think that many are missing the point.   form the attached article a starting point could be to focus on:

1.  leadership commitment and communication - verbal, written, display, resources, actions. 

2.  Competency - including advanced training 

3.  empowerment - employees involved, recognition, correction, ownership.  

hope this help.   

Attached Files

1 Like

Hi, how are you conducting and reviewing your Food Safety Culture on site (BRC). Is this weekly, monthly, quarterly? What tools are you guys using? Thanks

Wrong Forum ?

JFI there are numerous other threads on this topic on this Forum .

2 weeks ago our SQF Auditor told me they haven't even had training on this new requirement (for SQF). He looked at our system and said from what he's gathered from research all we really need is to create a specific policy outlining the measures we already implement. Food safety is a part of every employee's initial information and it's built in to every SOP and policy we have. Food safety permeates all of our training and instruction from day one, all employees hear food safety continuously and see encouragement to uphold it - Food safety culture. He has not had much information on measurability either and thinks surveys offer little toward this.

Similar Discussion Topics
food safety 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention Repackaging of Food Grade product Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ? Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6 Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Food Safety Videos- Recommendations? Food safety culture plan Food contact surfaces