What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

What is STS Certification?

Started by , May 10 2021 02:40 PM
5 Replies

Hi all. I have recently accepted a new job with a site that are STS certified. I have never heard of this before, can anyone shed any light on what to expect? My current site are BRC so i'd be interested to know the differences. 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Scope of Certification product specific Upcoming NSF Certification Audit HACCP certification for SQG Ed 9.0 - System Element 2.1.1.5 The why, what for and how on Food Equipment & Supplies Safety Certification The why, what for and how on Food Equipment & Supplies Safety Certification
[Ad]

Quick google search shows this

The Safety Trained Supervisor (STS) is intended for leaders at all levels of an organization because all employees have responsibilities for a safe work environment. This certification is intended for executives, directors, managers, supervisors, superintendents, and employees.

So you're in luck, not more work for you

I would suggest asking your company which STS this is.

There are a number of them - in both the Republic of the US and the UK.

STS is aimed at public sector places like hospital caterers, it's a bit like SALSA level audits. Like a basic BRC audit without an audit grade given only a pass or fail type of grade. You can obtain their standards from their website. Normally only a 1-2 day audit depending on site size. if you can pass a BRC audit you can pass an STS audit no problem. 

1 Like

STS is aimed at public sector places like hospital caterers, it's a bit like SALSA level audits. Like a basic BRC audit without an audit grade given only a pass or fail type of grade. You can obtain their standards from their website. Normally only a 1-2 day audit depending on site size. if you can pass a BRC audit you can pass an STS audit no problem. 

Thanks LILDANNY50

I know BRC, i am confident in BRC audits, my concern is my current post is 1 product, low risk, no CCP's, the new STS site is several products, cooking, chilling, freezing etc.!

***not to cause confusion i am QCYFH (using my personal account now instead of works)

Yeah I understand that. it's a bit tricky,  maybe see if you can reduce your CCP work load with some robust PRP's in place? Also re-consider some of the CCP's are they really a CCP? 

Similar Discussion Topics
Scope of Certification product specific Upcoming NSF Certification Audit HACCP certification for SQG Ed 9.0 - System Element 2.1.1.5 The why, what for and how on Food Equipment & Supplies Safety Certification The why, what for and how on Food Equipment & Supplies Safety Certification The why, what for and how on Food Equipment & Supplies Safety Certification First time Costco audit, no GFSI certification Retail Certification? Adding new building to BRCGS Issue 6 Certification HACCP and SQF Certification