What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Ambient Air testing - bakery

Started by , May 10 2021 06:34 PM

In my back days working for a bakery, I tested air (annually, also) for Y&M. 

6 Replies

Hi, due to the new code SQF Edition 9, ambient air now must be tested at minimum annually for any food safety risk. My question is: What am I testing for? My facility is a bakery that bakes breads and rolls. The only thing I can think of is testing my cooling conveyor area since product is cooling off ambiently. What should I be testing for? 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Ambient air micro (APC, Y&M) limits Ambient air filtering at a cannery - can blower Risk zone identification as per BRC for ambient high care Control of Yeast and Mold in Ambient Filled Shelf Stable Dressing without Preservatives Ambient room temperature in RTE packaging room
[Ad]

1 Thank

With respect to SQF certification ??

I wud have anticipated APC as well. (More if SQF are expanding  their existing ambiguous micro interests in compressed air).

The SQF requirement is for high risk only...........are you sure that's you?  

With respect to SQF certification ??

I wud have anticipated APC as well. (More if SQF are expanding  their existing ambiguous micro interests in compressed air).

Hey Charles; That bakery was BRC certified - so, as per BRC, but that was back in 2015.

Hey Charles; That bakery was BRC certified - so, as per BRC, but that was back in 2015.

Hi Olena,

There is a veritable encyclopedia of discussion on this forum for SQF and "air". Partially fuelled by SQF's own published/contradictory  statements regarding their filtration  expectations, eg respectively 0.1 micron and 0.01 micron. Several users have reported auditorial requests to provide sedimentation APC data.

BRC seem to have mostly avoided such conflicts by staying under the radar altogether. :thumbup:

1 Thank

I expect as long as you are sampling adding mold would be worthwhile.  If you have air controls measure that they are accomplishing what they were designed and intended to do.

DF

Similar Discussion Topics
Ambient air micro (APC, Y&M) limits Ambient air filtering at a cannery - can blower Risk zone identification as per BRC for ambient high care Control of Yeast and Mold in Ambient Filled Shelf Stable Dressing without Preservatives Ambient room temperature in RTE packaging room Treatments for ambient air against molds Meat and Poultry Thaw - Ambient Temperature Equation Is Yeast and Mould good enough for Ambient Air Testing? FDA inspections ambient storage and distribution SQF 10.6.5.3 - Ambient Air - Packinghouse Environment