What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Does anyone have a document for Sample Retention of Cheese?

Started by , May 13 2021 05:48 PM
6 Replies

Hi! Does anyone have a document for Sample Retention of Cheese? Much appreciated. Thank You!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Temperature recording document in Excel Sample for distribution of Supplements finished Goods Designing Sample Request Format Document Control VOC sample Collection SOP
[Ad]

Hey MMC79! What cheese - hard, soft, cream cheese? What packaging size and shelf life? We're producing cream cheese, shelf life 32 days, pack. size 10 kg mostly. The retention sample size is 90ml: the same as we send to the lab for testing. We retain 3 90ml vials from each batch, for the shelf life period + 5-7 days.

1 Like

I don't, but would just do

Batch  Batch Date   Type (cheddar/swiss etc)  Sample size    Sample Date    Sample location (bin # or aisle #)

1 Like

Hey MMC79! What cheese - hard, soft, cream cheese? What packaging size and shelf life? We're producing cream cheese, shelf life 32 days, pack. size 10 kg mostly. The retention sample size is 90ml: the same as we send to the lab for testing. We retain 3 90ml vials from each batch, for the shelf life period + 5-7 days.

Hi,

Hard Cheeses - variety of sizes ranging from 4 oz. to 10 lb. with a variety of shelf life from 4 months to 12 months.

Batch  Batch Date   Type (cheddar/swiss etc)  Sample size    Sample Date    Sample location (bin # or aisle #)

Thank you Scampi,

Cool.

And Retention Time ??

I'm curious, how much difference between Batch Date and Sample Date ?

Cheese needs time to age no?  So it is probably dependent on that

I worked at a cheese house a lifetime ago.........QA sampled the incoming milk but the cheese was sampled post age in the 600 lbs blocks, and then again as it went down the packaging line

Similar Discussion Topics
Temperature recording document in Excel Sample for distribution of Supplements finished Goods Designing Sample Request Format Document Control VOC sample Collection SOP If I change the Xray Silicon 4.0 test sample to 8.0 mm will there be any problems? Cheese company uniforms BRC 4.6.1 - procedure to document purchase specification for new equipment To melt, or not to melt the cheese! Shipping of salted casings and water retention regulation