What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Need help understanding log reduction

Started by , May 20 2021 03:37 AM
1 Reply

Hi, I need help to understand the log reduction and the steps how to conduct it.. in my case I am using frying method to control the microbes.. What I have done I started frying at 60 degree C. although it reduces the microbes but it has affect on the quality, until I reach the 135 to 170 degree C to reduce the microbes yet the quality is not affected. .. Please, I need help how to do the log reduction.. Thank you for the help in advance. Boging 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Understanding CCP for Raw Meat Examples of short and long-term customer complaint reduction strategies Help with understanding SSOP form 9CFR416.12(a) Reduction of OPRP monitoring frequency Can I validate a 6 log reduction cook process that is less than 70°C for 2 minutes?
[Ad]

What type of product? 

What is the end use? 

What is the storage method?

What is the target pathogen?

You should work with a process authority in your locality, preferably someone familiar with your department of health requirements. 

I have attached some literature which will get you started.

4 Thermal Destruction of Microorganisms.pdf   168.96KB   12 downloads

Destruction of Microorganisms.pdf   210.09KB   11 downloads

Thermal Death Time.pdf   698.28KB   12 downloads

Thermal Resistance of Microorgansims in Low Moisture Foods.pdf   1.47MB   10 downloads

Similar Discussion Topics
Understanding CCP for Raw Meat Examples of short and long-term customer complaint reduction strategies Help with understanding SSOP form 9CFR416.12(a) Reduction of OPRP monitoring frequency Can I validate a 6 log reduction cook process that is less than 70°C for 2 minutes? Free download: Understanding the “General Principles of Food Hygiene” (including GHP and HACCP) published in 2020 by Codex Alimentarius, and its Understanding the difference between PRP, OPRP and CCP Understanding the difference between PRP, OPRP & CCP – An introduction Understanding the difference between PRP, OPRP & CCP – An introduction Looking for ideas for Food waste reduction