What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Employee Temperature Checks

Started by , Jun 04 2021 05:38 PM
8 Replies

In my state employee temperature checks have been down-graded from mandatory twice-daily to recommended twice-daily.  I'm considering dropping temperature checks, has anyone else done this?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Employee handbook and policies GMP Enforcement when employee has medical note for smart watch wearing Diabetic Employee needing Cell Phone on body Employee communication to promote food safety and quality culture? Door between employee entrance and processing room
[Ad]

Hey Spidey, 

My company is Fl dropped it back in November. We never tested positive a fever, so the team decided to drop it.

I started here in late Feb and I've never seen a temperature check.  We're in Vermont and the virus hasn't been that bad up here

We've been taking temperatures since April 2020 and have never had a fever, plus half of our staff is fully vaccinated.

We never did this

We never did it either. I find it very invasive.

We've been taking temperatures since April 2020 and have never had a fever, plus half of our staff is fully vaccinated.

Hi spidey,

Let's hope the other half are not asymptomatic.

I have never seen any published data on manufacturer's/anybody's  temperature reject vs actual known infection rates/percentages ?

(IMEX any related queries are simply met with blank looks.)

We had temperature checks from last April until about 2 months ago. Now employee's have to complete a health questionnaire each day prior to starting work. One of the questions is asking if they have a temperature greater then 100.4. We also issued all employee's a thermometer in order to do this.

1 Thank

We've done well so far too. However I do believe one reason for this is because people know they will have their temperature taken. So if they are sick - they don't come to work. We use thermal forehead scanners so not invasive. They scan their badge to the machine, it takes their temperature and then they walk in. Takes very little time. If a high temperature is registered - an email is sent to around 3 people in upper management. This is done once daily. I've heard very minimal if any complaints.

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Employee handbook and policies GMP Enforcement when employee has medical note for smart watch wearing Diabetic Employee needing Cell Phone on body Employee communication to promote food safety and quality culture? Door between employee entrance and processing room Contents of an Employee Handbook Employee Hygiene Solutions for Hair Contamination How to respond to a customer complaint about a sick employee on site visit? SQF 2.5.1.1 - Validation of GMPs other than employee practices Auditor rummaging through employee lockers