What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Gap analysis checklist between 2003 and 2020 version of Codex General Prinicples of Food Hygiene

Started by , Jun 15 2021 12:58 AM
2 Replies

I'm trying to find something that lists the changes to General Principles of Food Hygiene CXC 1-1969  as a result of the update to the 2020 version. Our site HACCP teams will be receiving training from our auditing body, but trying to get a head start on some planning. I have a copy of the new version of the document, and can do a gap analysis myself, and haven't managed to find anything online. I may be able to get a checklist/gap analysis from my auditing body, but wondering if anyone had anything to hand so I can make a start.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
food safety 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention Repackaging of Food Grade product New Equipment and Commissioning Checklist Template Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement?
[Ad]

I'm trying to find something that lists the changes to General Principles of Food Hygiene CXC 1-1969  as a result of the update to the 2020 version. Our site HACCP teams will be receiving training from our auditing body, but trying to get a head start on some planning. I have a copy of the new version of the document, and can do a gap analysis myself, and haven't managed to find anything online. I may be able to get a checklist/gap analysis from my auditing body, but wondering if anyone had anything to hand so I can make a start.

Hi Becanne,

Not sure whether you meant the whole document (!) or just the HACCP section ? I assume the latter.

A  "sort of"  2009 version also exists

Don't recall ever seeing a Public Domain 03/20 Gap Analysis. One difficulty may be that the 2020 version has a large number of changes. Almost a rewrite.

1 Thank

Thanks Charles.C

I'm working on the whole document and it did look like a total rewrite to me.

However it looks like the prerequisite programs more closely align with the various GFSI options which makes the whole thing much easier.

I'll stop wasting my time looking for an easier option and just knuckle down and work through all 30 pages! 

Similar Discussion Topics
food safety 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention Repackaging of Food Grade product New Equipment and Commissioning Checklist Template Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ? Allergen checklist to supplier Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6 Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Food Safety Videos- Recommendations?