What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Costco expectation for approved suppliers

Started by , Jun 15 2021 11:31 AM
13 Replies

Hi everyone, during our SQF and Costco addendum audit, the auditor requested full audit report for all of our approved ingredients suppliers. I was not able to find it in Costco expectation. Can anyone help me if this is the Costco requirement and where can I find it?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
First time Costco audit, no GFSI certification Costco Food Safety Supplier Requirements SQF with Costco Addendum Goal of X Rays per Costco Costco Addendum History
[Ad]

Hope this helps.

From page 10 of the Costco Food Safety Audit Expectations manual. (2017)

Marshall

Attached Files

1 Thank

Hope this helps

Facilities must have an Approved Supplier Program in place to monitor and evaluate all raw material, ingredient and primary packaging suppliers. Raw material and ingredient suppliers must be operating under a HACCP/Preventive Controls program, as per regulatory requirements. Facilities must maintain records on their ingredient/component suppliers, which should include: a current third-party food safety audit (full report), evidence of an established recall/traceability program, and a detailed product specification sheet.

1 Thank

We're also SQF and had the Costco addendum------------SQF already covers the same requirement, I'd be asking the CB to clarify--as in why your existing approved supplier program wasn't sufficient

1 Like

Hope this helps.

From page 10 of the Costco Food Safety Audit Expectations manual. (2017)

Marshall

Costco = Uncle Tom Cobley !

The expectation is that you get a full audit from all of your ingredient suppliers via your Approved Supplier Program. That is all he was asking for, just a copy on each one.

I never went through a Costco audit, but I've read the requirements. My understanding of it was that they want certificates for all of YOUR suppliers whos product goes into what you ship to Costco. 

1 Like

Completely agree with johnmcip - that's what Costco needs. I've gone through several audits, that's what the auditor's always been asking about.

I guess the ambiguity is that the requirements state "third party audit". It does not specify a audit report or a certificate.

Several of our suppliers will not give us the actual audit report without signing a NDA.

Marshall

I guess the ambiguity is that the requirements state "third party audit". It does not specify a audit report or a certificate.

Several of our suppliers will not give us the actual audit report without signing a NDA.

Marshall

Our process for manufacturing product is completely different than every one of our competition. This, coupled with other reasons, caused our EC to not allow audit reports to be distributed to customers.

We only provide the score/certificate, period.

I like to pretend I'm working in a secret moon base location keeping the death ray working at peak killing power in a James Bond flick..

4 Likes

we got a non conformity according to Costco expectation in supplier approval section. we have our suppliers GFSI certificate but not the full audit report. It seems we must have the full audit report of our suppliers in file.

I think, I depends on the auditor: whenever I had a Costco Addendum audit, I've never been asked for the suppliers' audit reports. 

Marshall

Facilities must have an Approved Supplier Program in place to monitor and evaluate all raw material, ingredient and primary packaging suppliers. Raw material and ingredient suppliers must be operating under a HACCP/Preventive Controls program, as per regulatory requirements. Facilities must maintain records on their ingredient/component suppliers, which should include: a current third-party food safety audit (full report), evidence of an established recall/traceability program, and a detailed product specification sheet.

I meant: IT DEPENDS:) Sorry, always being in rush, doing hundred things at once

Similar Discussion Topics
First time Costco audit, no GFSI certification Costco Food Safety Supplier Requirements SQF with Costco Addendum Goal of X Rays per Costco Costco Addendum History Costco new requirement on Xray Costco Unannounced Audit Buyer Requirement Costco GMP audit vs. GFSI - both required? Costco Unannounced audit - 2023 Costco addendum gloves policy