What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

SQF modules for soy-based food products production facility

Started by , Jun 18 2021 09:16 PM
3 Replies

Hi all, I am planning to get SQF level 2 (Food Safety) certification for a facility that produce soybean-based food products. Look like soy-based food products belong to FSC 10 (Dairy Food Processing) so SQF model 2 (System elements) and SQF model 11 (GMP for Processing of Food Products) are the only two models I have to work on. Please correct if I am wrong. Thank you. O.C

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Repackaging of Food Grade product 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention food safety Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ?
[Ad]

Also how many months of records (minimum) do I need to have in place before the SQF audit can proceed ?

Would 3 months be sufficient ?

Thanks

O.C

Hello!

I've had auditors tell me anywhere from 3-6 months depending on what is being looked at, and on what review schedule your own programs are based on.  SQF Food Safety (formerly SQF Level 2) has several annually reviewed programs- Food Defense, Mock Recall, Crisis Management, etc. I would suggest doing a good code read/review to see what the requirements are, and to see changed when the code updated to Version 9.  

If you feel you have all the relevant, annual reviewed materials completed in 3months of implementation, then I would get in contact with a CB. Regardless your first step will be a desk/paperwork review, and they'll let you know what is lacking.

If not, I'd spend some more time reviewing and insuring you have met all necessary criteria. There is no sense in spending the month to find out you're missing half of your necessary challenges/programs. 

That category doesn't sound right, that's for dairy substitutes (e.g. soy milk) unless of course that's what you are making

Similar Discussion Topics
Repackaging of Food Grade product 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention food safety Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ? Hairnets for a packaging component manufacturing facility Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6 Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Food Safety Videos- Recommendations? Food safety culture plan