What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Food safety minutes in a Bakery

Started by , Jun 23 2021 07:10 PM
5 Replies

Hello, I've recently started to work in a bakery and i've started to build the topics for my Food Safety Minutes. Since, until now I have only worked with BRC in a frozen entrees company (which I think goes more into depth on the Food safety and Food defense) I'm not sure if I'm including too many topics/not applicable to a bakery environment. These are the ones I have so far:

- Follow-up actions from previous management reviews - Review of Food safety issues - Food Quality issues - Any changes in the following since last meeting: new or obsolete product, supplier or contractor, incoming material, equipment, premises, shifts, processing, formulas/recipes - Review of Pre-requisite program and Food Safety Plan review, validation or verification results - Reviewing results of food safety program system  - Lab results - Review third party, second party, internal, regulatory audits or inspections - Review the continuous improvement of the food safety management system - Review resource needs for the establishment, implementation and maintenance of food safety management system - Food safety team is informed of changes of personnel qualification levels and/or allocation of responsibilities and authorizations - Review of the management system for HACCP, food defence, food fraud and authenticity - Review of supplier performance - Training - Management Commitment and Leadership: Discuss status of continuous improvement FS & Quality. Report findings - Management Visibility; Results of scoring GMP's. Discuss non-conformances and corrective actions applied - Accountability and Engagement of all employees; discuss findings of anonymous reporting box, Discuss maturity chart results (FS Culture survey) - Effective communication; Praise and recognize employees that hold satisfactory attitude towards Food Safety. Apply warnings for employees observed not showing acceptable FS culture Please let me know if I have some not applicable from a bakery HACCP point of view....I might have gone a little bit too far.

Thank you.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
food safety 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention Repackaging of Food Grade product Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ?
[Ad]

I think you're good 

Food Safety meetings shouldn't vary very much by product type-------------more likely to change by the companies commitment level!

1 Like

I think you're good 

Food Safety meetings shouldn't vary very much by product type-------------more likely to change by the companies commitment level!

Thank you for your reply,

My question was not if I need to change these topics depending on the product type......was more if I had included topics that are not applicable for a small size bakery?

Did I include topics that are only applicable in case we are going for a BRC audit? 

We are not planning to go for any GFSI audit so is there anything that I should remove?

Thank you.

ah, if no GFSI requirement, then scale it way back

issues/concerns since last meeting   (pest issue, non conformances any KPIs you have)

new business ie product/process changes

reoccurring issues that need addressed

customer complaints

2 Likes

ah, if no GFSI requirement, then scale it way back

issues/concerns since last meeting   (pest issue, non conformances any KPIs you have)

new business ie product/process changes

reoccurring issues that need addressed

customer complaints

Thank you.

thanks for information 

Similar Discussion Topics
food safety 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention Repackaging of Food Grade product Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ? Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6 Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Food Safety Videos- Recommendations? Food safety culture plan Food contact surfaces