What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

How to calculate the volume of canned whole peel tomatoes

Started by , Jun 29 2021 12:35 PM
3 Replies

I am wondering if anyone can direct me to the CFIA/SFCR for importing canned whole tomatoes from US to CA, my specific question is for the label how to calculate the volume of canned whole peeled tomatoes. Any info greatly appreciated. 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
How to calculate the juice content from formula? Does anyone know how to calculate the pH of the food? Help to calculate thickness of coating layer Pasteurized Canned Refrigerated Crab Meat How to calculate MAV weight?
[Ad]

https://inspection.c...17512?chap=0#c5

Here is the info you need-----------------from the link above   you'll find tomatoes in section 13. of the link below

A processed fruit or vegetable product that is in a hermetically sealed package must meet the requirements for minimum drained weight and average drained weight that are set out in the incorporated by reference document entitled Minimum Drained Weights and Average Drained Weights for Processed Fruit or Vegetable Products in a Hermetically Sealed Packages [197, SFCR].

1 Thank

https://inspection.c...17512?chap=0#c5

Here is the info you need-----------------from the link above   you'll find tomatoes in section 13. of the link below

A processed fruit or vegetable product that is in a hermetically sealed package must meet the requirements for minimum drained weight and average drained weight that are set out in the incorporated by reference document entitled Minimum Drained Weights and Average Drained Weights for Processed Fruit or Vegetable Products in a Hermetically Sealed Packages [197, SFCR].

I deduce that the (label) answer for the OP is "unrequired" ?

the header displays the label declaration weight/volume, the table says what the weight in grams should be

A 28 fluid ounce can should weigh at minimum 524 grams drained

So the label will say 28 fl oz/796 ml, but the tomatoes themselves once drained, must weigh at least 524g

The table covers the labeling requirements

Similar Discussion Topics
How to calculate the juice content from formula? Does anyone know how to calculate the pH of the food? Help to calculate thickness of coating layer Pasteurized Canned Refrigerated Crab Meat How to calculate MAV weight? Calculate Volume from Weight on Product with Varying Density Certificate of weight and volume Storage of tomatoes in metal drums outside? Guide to Inspections of Low Acid Canned Food Manufacturers Canned food opening process