What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Food Safety consultant

Started by , Jun 29 2021 08:20 PM
5 Replies

I have been in IFSQN over 20 years in different food companies and positions.  In the last 5 years I left 3 companies due to food fraud, wanting me to do 'stubby pencil' work for an audit". I was also slandered when an owner told the USDA that I have a habit of filing documents in the wrong file and that a temporary label request was good to go.  It was forged and the inspector knew it.

Presently I do contractor work helping companies in GFSI audits, SQF, BRC or going for Organic re-certification.  Many companies confuse Food Defense and Food Security.  All companies lack a Food Safety Culture.

I hope I can contribute to the site with over 35 years in food from dairy, ice cream,yogurt, low acid canning, frozen dairy cakes, spices, RTE salads, slaughter, fully processed meat, seafood and fresh produce processing.

Thank you for the opportunity to be in this forum.

William Derer

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Repackaging of Food Grade product 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention food safety Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ?
[Ad]

Hi William!  Welcome to the group - I'm still new here myself but this is a great group with lots of knowledge.  Glad to have you.

Hi William, welcome to the group. It's good to know that we have a member knowledgeable in slaughter operations. 

Welcome back.

Many companies confuse Food Defense and Food Security.

Ok, I'll bite. What do you consider food security?

"All companies lack a Food Safety Culture"

???

Not all companies "lack a food safety culture". It may be poor or near-non-existent, but it's there.

Similar Discussion Topics
Repackaging of Food Grade product 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention food safety Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ? Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6 Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Food Safety Videos- Recommendations? Food safety culture plan Food contact surfaces