What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Sanitation and Production Log

Started by , Jul 27 2021 03:09 PM
3 Replies

We have Sanitation log as well as pre-op & post op for each production cell, namely packaging, blending and milling cell. In blending and milling, we use various equipment for each activity (we might use a sifter in the am then milling machine in the afternoon) and the equipment is stored in an 'equipment storage' area when they are not in use. We have been including the machine sanitation as part of the cell sanitation. However my manager insisted on having a production log for each machine separately. For example: If we use a ribbon blender in blending, we will fill in a log for that on top of completing the room sanitation log. Then if the next production run in that particular room use a filler, then we will fill a separate form for it. I think it is super redundant, but he was advised by a good friend who is a food consultant that it is a way to go. Which way is the better way to go : a) 1 daily record per production cell that includes all the equipment used b) Daily Mulitple record - for each equipment used plus the room sanitation record Thoughts?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
What kind of Verification is required for Maintenance and Sanitation? Sanitation - suppliers of food grade brushes, brooms, and scrubs Ozonated water in sanitation program How to build a successful sanitation program How to build a successful sanitation program
[Ad]

I think it is super redundant, but he was advised by a good friend who is a food consultant that it is a way to go. Which way is the better way to go :

a) 1 daily record per production cell that includes all the equipment used 

b) Daily Mulitple record - for each equipment used plus the room sanitation record

Thoughts?

Hopefully your  manager is not overly influenced by this person otherwise I see mountains of paper being generated.

Keep paperwork to minimum.

1 Like

Couldn't agree more with Glenn

A simple N/U  (not used) is sufficient for each piece not being used  (put the acronym in the header or footer)

Where I am now, the sanitation record is 10 flippin pages!!!!!!!!!!   Guess how many it will be?  4, with pre op included on the same record!

Consolidation is the only to way move forward

Determine the absolute minimum amount of paperwork that you must generate while still maintaining your external and internal standards.

Merriam Webster Definition of efficient

1productive of desired effectsespecially capable of producing desired results with little or no waste (as of time or materials)

Similar Discussion Topics
What kind of Verification is required for Maintenance and Sanitation? Sanitation - suppliers of food grade brushes, brooms, and scrubs Ozonated water in sanitation program How to build a successful sanitation program How to build a successful sanitation program How to build a successful sanitation program 3rd Party Sanitation in Your Plant Does anyone have a sanitation program for trailers? New Tumbler Equipment sanitation, allergen cleaning, process controls, CCPS? Best Practice for Sanitation and CIP Room Organization