What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

What contract and specifications are required for external trash collection contractor?

Started by , Jul 28 2021 05:32 PM
2 Replies

Hello, do I need to write up a contract and specifications for a company is just coming to the shared dock and picking up a 64 gallon trash can that has packaging and papers to be shredded? They never enter the facility and are just dumping the trash barrel and then leaving it there for us to bring back to our warehouse. I would assume yes because of the contents of the trash barrel make it a product safety/food fraud thing (i.e if our packaging got in the wrong hands). If yes, what exactly am I looking to create? I haven't had any experience in this area of management.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
What are companies responsible that uses contract manufacturer? VOC sample Collection SOP Is wearing of steel toe shoes required on the plant floor? NIAS analysis required for food PET bottles and PE closures Specifications for Micro Testing of Water used in Food Production
[Ad]

Not coming into the building is a key.

I would say no.

1 Thank

Hello, do I need to write up a contract and specifications for a company is just coming to the shared dock and picking up a 64 gallon trash can that has packaging and papers to be shredded? They never enter the facility and are just dumping the trash barrel and then leaving it there for us to bring back to our warehouse. I would assume yes because of the contents of the trash barrel make it a product safety/food fraud thing (i.e if our packaging got in the wrong hands). If yes, what exactly am I looking to create? I haven't had any experience in this area of management.

I have had an auditor ask if ours was listed, and specifically for the reasons you asked (luckily it was).  We did have a specification for them, that specified that they had to sign confidentiality agreements (due packaging ending up in the trash), they had to pick up on a certain schedule, and that twice a year they had to clean the receiver.  

I always lean towards if in doubt, add it to you program. 

1 Like

Similar Discussion Topics
What are companies responsible that uses contract manufacturer? VOC sample Collection SOP Is wearing of steel toe shoes required on the plant floor? NIAS analysis required for food PET bottles and PE closures Specifications for Micro Testing of Water used in Food Production Required Food Safety Training for Employees Under FSSC 22000 Are 3 month required documents for SQF Audit? Contract Manufacturers Is Water testing required for SQF Storage and Distribution site? What supplier documentation is required when using Aluminium Foil as Primary Packaging?