What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Soya lecithin (constituent) in ACL paint

Started by , Aug 02 2021 06:45 AM
2 Replies

Hi all, I'm new to our organization and currently updating our documents. Today, I received the submitted allergen declaration from our supplier and found out that our ACL paint contains soya lecithin (0.6%) - constituent used to produce the paint. Btw, I'm in a food packaging manufacturing company our product is Glass containers. We're using this ACL paint for printing the artwork/designs to the outer part of the bottles. Do we need to include this in our COA declaring that our product might have an allergen content? Can you also advise me what to put in our HACCP study? what is the acceptable level in the end product? Thanks in advance.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
New Product may contain Soya MSG - Soya or Not? Is precautionary labelling connected to allergen (Wheat and Soya) a CCP or OPRP? Allergen Cleaning Validation for Soy Sauce (Soya) Questions to help in identifying the GMO status of soya bean oil
[Ad]

I might be wrong, but soy lecithin does not contain sufficient soy protein residues to provoke allergic reactions in most soy-allergic consumers due to its manufacturing process. Have a look at the supplier fsq (food safety questionnaire).

1 Like1 Thank

In answer to the question about the printing/paint - no.

1 Like1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
New Product may contain Soya MSG - Soya or Not? Is precautionary labelling connected to allergen (Wheat and Soya) a CCP or OPRP? Allergen Cleaning Validation for Soy Sauce (Soya) Questions to help in identifying the GMO status of soya bean oil Cleaning validation for 2 allergens (soya & celery) Soya milk processing quality control NON-GMO Status of Soya Beans