What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

What is the process to become an SQF Practitioner?

Started by , Aug 02 2021 02:56 PM
6 Replies

Hi everyone, I am currently a PCQI person, I would like to become a SQF Practitioner. What is the process to become one and do I still need to get a HACCP certificate even though I learned HACCP in PCQI courses? Thank you, Kubra Miller

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Packing process for a new beverage Mayonnaise Glass Bottling Plant Process Should you list your preventative controls on your HACCP process flow chart? BRCGS 5.4.1 Process control Requirements for Work In Process WIP
[Ad]

You should try to get a HACCP certificate separate from your PCQI. When I worked at a co-man, I was asked for my HACCP cert and PCQI cert. Becoming an SQF practitioner means completing the courses offered through SQFI 

Thank you for your answer. 

As lulu mentioned get a HACCP certification.  Then, you can take the SQF Practitioner course through SQFI.  Once you complete the course you will need to take the exam online through SQFI.  There's a separate fee for the exam and the training.  Why this is so it is beyond me...but it is what it is.  When you complete the exam and pass then you are an SQF Practitioner.

As lulu mentioned get a HACCP certification.  Then, you can take the SQF Practitioner course through SQFI.  Once you complete the course you will need to take the exam online through SQFI.  There's a separate fee for the exam and the training.  Why this is so it is beyond me...but it is what it is.  When you complete the exam and pass then you are an SQF Practitioner.

Spot on from my experience.

Not to muddy the waters, but I've been told by some in industry that the SQF Exam is no longer applicable. I can't verify that from personal experience though.

yes, you need haccp certification and there are three roads to SQF Practitioner.

1. You learn your entire SQF system, manual, etc. and then you can be considered an SQF Practitioner

2. You could take an SQFI course online and the exam.

3. I'd go for the full monte though and do both 1 & 2.

Thank you for your answers.

Similar Discussion Topics
Packing process for a new beverage Mayonnaise Glass Bottling Plant Process Should you list your preventative controls on your HACCP process flow chart? BRCGS 5.4.1 Process control Requirements for Work In Process WIP Small manufacturer frozen ready meal process steps Help with Process Development for Dressings, Sauce, Dips Plant Is there any method available for Cold filled and Hold process parameters New Quality and Food Safety Manager-SQF Practitioner SQF Practitioner Question