What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Amos Miller vs. USDA- opinions?

Started by , Aug 09 2021 01:59 PM
5 Replies

Has anyone else been following the Miller Organic Farms court case?

He hasn't been in compliance for a number of years, and it is finally in a federal court. 

Wondering if I could hear some opinions or speculation on what will happen.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
[Ad]

He hasn't been in compliance for a number of years, and it is finally in a federal court. 

sub judice ?

What do you think will or should happen?

Mr. Miller put himself in that situation.  He has a long history of skirting regulations and it has finally caught up with him.  What is sad, is now he is asking for funds from people to help pay off the fees and penalties he has accrued because he has spread his finances too thin trying to expand while also not meeting the regulatory requirements.

If he can't get enough funds together he will be forced to give up assets and may land himself in jail as a result.

I don't take any pity on this man as he has had a number of times where he could have complied, but chose not to.

3 Likes

Why are you asking?

sub judice ?

I think not. This topic has been widely covered since 2016, and I am neither media nor legal counsel.

There have been many articles posted in the last month. Articles published by a lot more important people than a newbie on a food science forum. 

Either way, I was just wondering if anyone has other examples of the government and food producers disagreeing.
I always thought the USDA could immediately shut down what they don't approve of, but that has not been the case for the last 5 years.

Similar Discussion Topics