What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Letter to sell food waste to farmer

Started by , Aug 09 2021 11:42 PM
5 Replies

Looking for a sample letter to send to a local farmer who wants to purchase our Not for Human Consumption food waste. I know that it needs to list our ingredients and discuss traceability but this is my first dive into animal feed post FSMA. Please help :)

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Food Contact Packaging Letter of Guarantee Example Generic RSPO letter given to vendors and customers Template Letter for requesting supplier become GFSI certified FDA Warning Letter Evaluation and Response USFDA Letter - FSVP
[Ad]

I'm not sure how to go about this. Your state land grant university should be able to help you. https://nifa.usda.go...bsite-directory

Your county extension office may be able to help as well - at least get you in contact with the right person.

Thank you very much I have reached out to our local extension office.

what is the purpose of the letter?   is that something the farmer is asking for?  normally they are mostly concerned with ingredients / nutritional content, etc

Depending on what your selling and the state, you may need a feed license and / or pay a tonnage fees.    

Check with your state.  In Wisconsin, you need to have an animal feed license with the department of agriculture, trade, and consumer protection.

My state extension office responded with “From a FSMA perspective, they have no obligations because if the farm is feeding it without further processing then it doesn’t fall qualify as an “animal food” for preventive controls. Beyond that, I was not aware that they had to disclose any other info.”

I will double check on the state license. Thank you everyone for your help.

Similar Discussion Topics
Food Contact Packaging Letter of Guarantee Example Generic RSPO letter given to vendors and customers Template Letter for requesting supplier become GFSI certified FDA Warning Letter Evaluation and Response USFDA Letter - FSVP Recall Letter to Customer Food Safety Warranty Letter sample Amazon Meltable Letter Needed Letter for suppliers for separation of food and chemicals during shipping and storage Letter of Guarantee in a Food Packaging facility